[WANTED] Possibly needed

-

Frank Dinatally

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a passenger window regulator that was working great before taking door panel off for paint. Put door panel back on after recovering it and now it skips as rolling window up and down. Any suggestions?
Jeff Adler…. If you see this let me know if you have one
Thanks Frank

Hey Frank,
Window skips like a "hang up on something" situation? only thing changed out was a door panel remove and replace? Catching on one of the clips on the refurbished panel?
Or
Skips like the gear mechanism has some crap in it from being uncovered?
Or
skips like the window has lost its alignment and is coming out of the track all crooked?

I know pictures probably wont help but us that color with the 64 set like details.

and stuff like year make n model.

Try tightening the screw for the window crank. Sounds silly but be sure it’s tight.

Jim

I have a passenger window regulator that was working great before taking door panel off for paint. Put door panel back on after recovering it and now it skips as rolling window up and down. Any suggestions?
Jeff Adler…. If you see this let me know if you have one
Thanks Frank
Gotcha Frank. Ive been out for a week. Let me know what happens after your appointment. If you have old school body shop guys doing the alignments they will figure out the skipping...just give me a shout if you need door parts. I think I have 2 spare doors with guts left in the barn.

The Allen screw is what I was referring to. You might remove the Allen screw and make sure the gear on the handle itself isn’t stripped.

Your inbox is full. I have a regulator from a 67 Barracuda, not sure if it is the same, maybe one of the members could help.

-
Back