Possibly the funniest car videos ever...

-
I watched that the other day on top gear. Too funny. This is the direction that we are heading with the government saying what automobile companies can produce.

That was funny, but think of some of the low, low end cars we have driven. Chevy Chevette, Ford Festiva and Omni/ Horizions. All entry level, cheap cars for the masses.

That was funny, but think of some of the low, low end cars we have driven. Chevy Chevette, Ford Festiva and Omni/ Horizions. All entry level, cheap cars for the masses.

...and I would take them over the Yugo my friend's roommate drove back in college! That car was the pits! :tongue2:

I remember hearing somewhere that the VW Beetle was commisioned by Adolph Hitler to be affordable transportation.
For a low maintainace, dependable way to get from point A to B, the early Beetle is still unbeaten.

I remember hearing somewhere that the VW Beetle was commisioned by Adolph Hitler to be affordable transportation.
For a low maintainace, dependable way to get from point A to B, the early Beetle is still unbeaten.
True. Hitler conceived of the car. He wanted a car every German family could afford. He met with Ferdinand Porsche and told him what he wanted. He drew the original design concept on a napkin (which sold at auction a few years ago for like $65,000). He also named it. The "people's car". "Volkswagen" in German.

Is it me or could the other TV "drive and test" (Car and Driver et al.) shows learn something from these guys? Sure, they mix in a lot of humor and some of there ideas are outrageous (convertible minivan, anyone?) but the brutal honesty puts them wwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy ahead of the more "serious" TV magazine road shows.

-
Back