Post Picture From a Factory Service Manual

-
And one unexpected experience; Every person that knew what the car was, romanticized over how sweet the /6 is. Not one person said, "Why don't you put in a 318?" :poke:

Thanks man! We're back home tonight. 2,000 miles of coastal driving in a 56 year old car. What a hoot! I'll get a look under the car by next weekend to see what 'they' did, and pull the tranny for a look at the clutch in a week or two. Something isn't letting the transmission disengage properly, and it changes form bad to worse when going from cold to hot. I think the throw out bearing may have been a causality of the two shops adjusting the pedal up. Maybe...
:thumbsup:

Just a FYI. There have been several reports of replacement clutch kits having a plastic TO bearing housing (One I bought had one), and the housing cracking. I called the manufacturer of the kit, and told them of my concern, and they sent me a TO bearing with a metal housing at no charge. I have not installed mine, yet.

Just a FYI. There have been several reports of replacement clutch kits having a plastic TO bearing housing (One I bought had one), and the housing cracking. I called the manufacturer of the kit, and told them of my concern, and they sent me a TO bearing with a metal housing at no charge. I have not installed mine, yet.

Thanks for the tip! I'm probably a couple weekends away from pulling the transmission. I worked on the car like a mad man to make it ready in time for the road trip to a wedding. After getting the car ready, and two weeks on the road with the top down, I'm experiencing a weird calm OI don't know what to do with. (I know, cry me a river - right?)

I bought my transmission rebuild kit and clutch from Brewer's. I'll see what they say after I get a look inside. The throw out bearing is going bad for sure. It is weird to me that the car shifts better cold than it does after driving it for hours. After hours on the road, it barely or won't shift into 1st or reverse when it's not rolling. Today when pulling it out of the garage cold, it goes into gear with little effort.:realcrazy:

Even with the clutch issues, two weeks of driving down and up the west coast shoreline was an experience I'll take to the old folks home with me!:rolleyes:

-
Back