Post what you consider the best Christmas song.

-
A white Christmas is very rare in my neck of the woods...

Kinks, Father Christmas

Cheech and Chong, "Santa's old lady"

But seriously, I like all the traditional stuff, "Oh holy night"

I'm somewhat partial to odd time signatures and rhythms.

This guy had some interesting stuff.

Kind of "mainstream" for me, but it's there nonetheless.

For those who know me and my love for music this guy is pretty much at the top of my list.... Clean and smooth.... I could listen to it over and over (which I have done lol....)

JW

RIP. :(

7227052_124935448042.jpg

1024px-Patty_Donahue_gravesite.jpg

Going through I did not see that anyone has mentioned Tommy having "the best" song.
Yes, it's technically a Christmas Album.

Because, Ann Margret.
(And it's The Who)

Ann_Margret_1968.jpg

Last edited:
almost forgot this one

i mean, think about, these angels were there and worshipped God as He created the world
they stood fast when satan drew away 1/3 of their brethren
the watched in horror as the serpent beguiled Eve and they cried bitter tears as they stood on guard keeping Adam and Eve out of Eden
they heard the the promise of a redeemer and the looked for Him daily

they saw the first man die
and they saw God's heart break for every sinner that chose not to seek Him and for the need to flood the earth and start over with Noah

for some 4000 years these angels looked for that Blessed Redeemer
and then one day, God calls them in and says, guys, i got a message that needs to go to the earth

this is the big one guys...the Redeemer, the Desire of Nations, the Root of Jesse, He has been borne

almost forgot this one

i mean, think about, these angels were there and worshipped God as He created the world
they stood fast when satan drew away 1/3 of their brethren
the watched in horror as the serpent beguiled Eve and they cried bitter tears as they stood on guard keeping Adam and Eve out of Eden
they heard the the promise of a redeemer and the looked for Him daily

they saw the first man die
and they saw God's heart break for every sinner that chose not to seek Him and for the need to flood the earth and start over with Noah

for some 4000 years these angels looked for that Blessed Redeemer
and then one day, God calls them in and says, guys, i got a message that needs to go to the earth

this is the big one guys...the Redeemer, the Desire of Nations, the Root of Jesse, He has been borne

A bookend.
From much orchestration to minimalist.
Lest this one be left out this year.
THAT would be a tragedy.

A bookend.
From much orchestration to minimalist.
Lest this one be left out this year.
THAT would be a tragedy.

thanks i liked that
i dont think i have ever heard that one before

Normally I would say it’s the song I wrote called “Santa, please don’t let Daddy get drunk this Christmas”, but really I think this song has a very special place in my heart. I played this song as a duet one year at church with my best friend, and when we were done the entire congregation was silent. Everybody could feel that God was in the room, it was such a humbling experience that I’ll never forget. I’ve always believed in God, but have never felt His presence in that way before in my life. I still cry when I think about that day!

This song is also one of my favorites, and I share it often. I would find it hard to believe that any song could be sung with a more true heart than that of these great young kids. Kaylee and her friends knock this right out of the park.

-
Back