Post your 12 second small block combos

-
best with old setup was 13.39 drove real nice on street nice sound to it i picked up this current 360 in trade 40 over flat tops no valve reliefs pistons in the hole looks to be stock replacement pistons i got some rpms off clearance rack at summit and called hughes engines for camshaft recommendations for low compression engine same rpm intake and carb same converter just better gears i figured at least a 1 second better pick up in et got to get rear main fixed it has more in it easily. I have been driving it on street and has real good manners and run 93 gas in it. I have caltracs all the way around and SS springs weighs about 3200 with me in it.

20200902_151546.jpg

best with old setup was 13.39 drove real nice on street nice sound to it i picked up this current 360 in trade 40 over flat tops no valve reliefs pistons in the hole looks to be stock replacement pistons i got some rpms off clearance rack at summit and called hughes engines for camshaft recommendations for low compression engine same rpm intake and carb same converter just better gears i figured at least a 1 second better pick up in et got to get rear main fixed it has more in it easily. I have been driving it on street and has real good manners and run 93 gas in it. I have caltracs all the way around and SS springs weighs about 3200 with me in it.

View attachment 1715591410
Cool duster!:thumbsup: Reason I asked cuz I just broke in the 292 mopar cam in my stock stroke 360. Haven't driven on the street yet but plan to soon. It does sound really nice and revs quickly!! My pistons are KB107 flat top pistons and 340 X-heads up top. 727 and a 9.5" FTI 3400-3600 stall converter. Also has a turbo action pro street valve body for quicker crisper shifts. 3.91's out back and a suregrip. So I think my dart sport will run well.

i think you will be in 12's easily sounds like a nice combo

Sons Duster MP shortblock slightly worked iron 308 heads with 202/160 valves Comp 268S solid cam mancini rockers Rpm airgap summit clone intake 650 DP Doug's over the centerlink 1 5/8 headers 391 gears dynamic 3600 rpm vert chrome box 35 degrees 12.49 at 107.8 3440# with me In it. 275/60R15 nittos

Last edited:
'73 Dart Sport
'90s Mopar crate magnum 380/360
- M1 intake
- .288/.292 cam with .501/.513 lift
GM HEI ignition
Holley 750 double pumper
3000 stall off-the-shelf converter
Torqueflite 904 with reverse manual valve body
8.25" rear with 3.92 gears
TTI headers
26" MT slicks

Best run so far = 12.442 @ 107.16

And... the prettiest girl at the track (the car, that is) took home the trophy at bracket racing a few weeks ago!
10_21_20 Bracket Win.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome. Very much like my kids Duster. 107.8 mph but a taller tire and a 650 DP520 solid . Congrats! Love the car.

1969 Dodge Dart 3400 lbs
904 tranny with 3000 stall converter from edge racing
380 hp 360 crate engine
8 3/4 rear end 3.55 ratio
P255/60R15 Mickey Thompson drag radials
750 Holley HP Pump Gas
6000 RPM Crossing Finish Line
Runs 12.25 -12.50

hope to be posting in the 11 second small block combo this spring after i drop my finally done 373 roller motor in LOL hoping for 11.5 -11.75

Inch at a time.... LOL
  • '76 Duster about 3400+ lbs at the start line
  • low compression 360, 750 DP, SM heads, .427/204*@050 intake, .455/212(?) exhaust
  • headers
  • Stock 904 and stock torque converter
  • 3.23 open rear
  • 12.96 @ 103.87 mph.
Thinking about the next inch forward... :realcrazy:

Inch at a time.... LOL
  • low compression 360, 750 DP, SM heads, .427/204*@050 intake, .455/212(?) exhaust
  • headers
  • 3.23 open rear
  • 12.96 @ 103.87 mph.

Man that feels good, huh?
Unless you've already done it, you can lose a little easy weight for free by removing those heavy steel supports behind each bumper.

Be great to see you get it down to 3200-3250 pounds. I know the 1974’s are heavier than the 1972 duster and you appear to be slightly heavier than my son(190-200ish) but his duster is 3250 at the line. It is far from a lightened car with a heavy fiberglass six pac hood. Heater core, wipers and wiper motor removed, one race seat, one heavy redone stock seat of mine. (Rear seat is still in there) Spare wheel tub has been removed and replaced with steel. Roll bar and frame connectors, cal tracks And mono links. Everything else is stock.

Man that feels good, huh?
Unless you've already done it, you can lose a little easy weight for free by removing those heavy steel supports behind each bumper.

Be great to see you get it down to 3200-3250 pounds. I know the 1974’s are heavier than the 1972 duster and you appear to be slightly heavier than my son(190-200ish) but his duster is 3250 at the line. It is far from a lightened car with a heavy fiberglass six pac hood. Heater core, wipers and wiper motor removed, one race seat, one heavy redone stock seat of mine. (Rear seat is still in there) Spare wheel tub has been removed and replaced with steel. Roll bar and frame connectors, cal tracks And mono links. Everything else is stock.
Trevor, it still has the impact shocks but I cut most of the brace behind the bumpers out. PPR, yeah, I still have heater core, fan, wipers, and everything that I guess makes a street car. Mine has the "braced" door too, along with the fold down back seat. I do have manual steering and brakes. We'll keep whittling away at the ET

I'd like to see him keep it stock weight minus a couple pounds. lol
He's doing a great job, with very little.
just think with a couple step up cam, convertor and a little more gear. low 12's are within reach. :thumbsup:
Maybe he could just give up the pizza for a bit. lol I know, not a chance.

just think with a couple step up cam, convertor and a little more gear. low 12's are within reach. :thumbsup:
Not a chance on pizza.... not a chance! :D

Last edited:

sooner or later he will find the power to create traction issues then it get tough, and more expensive.

Congrats!
(And they say the factory intake is garbage! LMAO!)
Inch at a time.... LOL
  • headers
  • 3.23 open rear
  • 12.96 @ 103.87 mph.
Exact compression ratio?
Tire size?

sooner or later he will find the power to create traction issues then it get tough, and more expensive.
eventually. I have more tire I can use. Right now they are 235/60R15 MT's. I have 275/60R15 MT's. That would add 2" of height and 1/2 inch (?) of print I believe. Sure grip will have to be used eventually, and if I step up tire height I can step up the gears to compensate.

Here's the answer
eventually. I have more tire I can use. Right now they are 235/60R15 MT's. I have 275/60R15 MT's. That would add 2" of height and 1/2 inch (?) of print I believe. Sure grip will have to be used eventually, and if I step up tire height I can step up the gears to compensate.
Doing good so far with only one tire doing all the work.

Inch at a time.... LOL
  • headers
  • 3.23 open rear
  • 12.96 @ 103.87 mph.
By the way, Cool video on that too !

Out of curiosity, what is the weight savings between the 6 pack hood & a factory steel ?

On a E body? I don’t know the exact difference, but I could dig out my stock twin scoop hood and weigh that one up vs the AAR fiberglass unit I swapped out. I can tell you the stock hood is 2 hand heavy lift and the fiberglass unit is a hard effort 1 finger lift effort.

Out of curiosity, what is the weight savings between the 6 pack hood & a factory steel ?

.... at least 50 lbs. maybe more. a B-body steel hood is pretty heavy to carry by yourself but a fiberglass 6-pack hood is not hard to carry. once a six-pack hood is lifted off of the four hood-pin posts, a reasonably strong guy can pick it up alone. however, it really takes two people to lift a steel hood off the car.

Wow, just looked it up 85 pounds for a 70 dart hood . Wow !

1968 Valiant full interior and glass minus radio. Gonna guess its around 3200 with me in it.
LA 360 stock crank and rods
Icon 741 pistons about 10.6:1
As cast Speedmaster heads, I bought the castings and had my engine builder put them together.
Oregon Cam Grinding 242/248 @ .050" .600" lift solid roller cam
performer RPM, 750 double pumper
Stock type 273 type adjustable rockers 1.5 ratio
Doug's Headers with a 17" header extension and some turn downs, no mufflers or exhaust yet.
Lock up 904 from a 1982 Cordoba with a TF2 shift kit
A PTC lock up converter that was supposed to stall at 3500 but is a bit tight at 2800 which is likely keeping this car out of the 11's at this point.
8.8" ford explorer rear end 3.73 Limited slip
Super Stock springs, slant six torsion bars, Mancini bolt on subframe connectors welded in.
26x8.5 Mickey T pro drag radial

First weekend out it ran a 12.20 @ 114.37mph

-
Back