post your beater car here.

-
my "beater" the blazer i just sold then i bought the Z71. i was also looking at rams but most in my price range either had trans. problems or tons of miles.

chevy1.jpg

This was my 89 RC - I sold it to a fellow member last Fall due to high gas prices. TONS of space for hauling parts.
360 (cam, 308heads, 4bbl intake, modified TQ, headers, etc)
518OD tranny swap
you name it, I replaced or rebuilt it.

I still miss it.
IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

My beater the day I brought it home and then after a few hours of elbow grease. It ain't pretty but with the 4 speed and the 4:10 gears the thing will pull a house. It's gets 10-12 mpgs whether it's empty or has 2500 lbs in the back. It sat for 3 months over the winter and I decided to try and start it thinking the battery would probably be dead. Nope, pumped the gas about 20 times as I was turning it over and the old "Green Monster" fired right up. Most reliable vehicle I've ever had, rusty??? Yup but I just use it to get firewood and for hauling stuff around when I need to.

before-driverside.jpg

after-driverside.jpg

before-passrside-rear.jpg

after-passrside-rear.jpg

I know it ain't a Mopar but up until I bought my 65 Cuda last Sept, I've always been a dovout GM guy. Sure like my little Cuda though and once it's on the road I'm sure I'll like it even more. I still bleed Chevy Orange though.:-D

-
Back