******Posting! Don't change the core of A-bodies.

-
There is a huge difference between disagreeing and being rude and verbally abusive.

Not saying there is not....but that is where a lot of the troubles start....there is more than 1 person on this site that if you do not agree with them they will argue there point just to argue it....

Not saying there is not....but that is where a lot of the troubles start....there is more than 1 person on this site that if you do not agree with them they will argue there point just to argue it....

And those need to be left to thier oppinion, not argued back with.
The rest of us have that choice, and we need to remember that. :thumblef:

There is over 30k members....you really don't think everybody is going to get along do you?

Some people post, without any thought or regards to what the out come is. For those who have been on this site for awhile know I don't post a lot. This is a place for memike to come without having his wife over his back. But sometimes it's necessary for me comment.

With every post, memike post with his heart and soul into helping, inspiring or building others up. He doesn't ever intentionally hurt others. It seem there has been things being posted that has upset him enough to not want to be here. Which is not right. This place have been his life support for many years and I can't allow just a few folks take this away.

If someone is trying to help others, why do you question?, why do you comment if all you have to say is negativity? Are you that selfish? If your intentions is to criticize or insult someone then this is not the place for you. A-bodies foundation is not about this and the only way to keep the foundation strong is for others to stand up to the bully's, the de-motivators and trouble makers.

I know of good people who have left for the above reasons. My whole life I have seen and noticed that Mopar folks where a special breed of considerate, caring people, don't let that image change.
I just advertised an incredible '65 GT Commando with every attempt to make it perfect and it now needs paint and interior. I misquoted a couple of points about the resto that a couple of mean spirited "afficienados" chose to pick apart and make me feel inferior. They are truly wrong and I have over $12,000 into the power train with excellent Mopar club members from my area helping and I'm very confident that if someone takes it from here for only $7,000. it would be a true "pass it on " contribution. Good thread from you, Thanks, Frank

There is over 30k members....you really don't think everybody is going to get along do you?

I don't expect everyone to "get along" but I would hope that we make an effort to be more civil with our differences or get tossed out.

I feel the personal attacks I have seen here recently are ebarrasing and childish.
Some need to put a little distance between thier ego and "knee jerk" responses.
I like joking and smartassing as much as any others do, but obviously the mean spirited stuff is taking it's toll or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It's just too bad that it got to a point where it is hurting one of the people we both know darn well does not deserve what it is doing to them.

I don't expect everyone to "get along" but I would hope that we make an effort to be more civil with our differences or get tossed out.

I feel the personal attacks I have seen here recently are ebarrasing and childish.
Some need to put a little distance between thier ego and "knee jerk" responses.
I like joking and smartassing as much as any others do, but obviously the mean spirited stuff is taking it's toll or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It's just too bad that it got to a point where it is hurting one of the people we both know darn well does not deserve what it is doing to them.

Well said!

I think all of us are mature enough to step back and think before we post something. Clearly, there's a problem. I saw someone in chat say that we could simply ignore those being nasty or bothering us. That's a good idea. I have a couple on my list. I think though that we can all go a step further and act like adults with sense.

It's almost as if every single thread lately has to be a pissing contest. Even this one. Yall are goin at it right here on the thread Treva made. and yall are goin on about something so stupid, you'll forget about what it was in a month. I know I'm the pot callin the kettle black. But that doesn't mean we can't TRY, does it? We should all love Mike more than we hate each other.

I think all of us are mature enough to step back and think before we post something. Clearly, there's a problem. I saw someone in chat say that we could simply ignore those being nasty or bothering us. That's a good idea. I have a couple on my list. I think though that we can all go a step further and act like adults with sense.

It's almost as if every single thread lately has to be a pissing contest. Even this one. Yall are goin at it right here on the thread Treva made. and yall are goin on about something so stupid, you'll forget about what it was in a month. I know I'm the pot callin the kettle black. But that doesn't mean we can't TRY, does it? We should all love Mike more than we hate each other.

I thought we were just discussing it in a reasonable and hopfully productive manner. :D
I'm also pretty sure Doug knows me well enough by now that he feels the same.
I hope so.

All I really wanted to get across was that we try, like you said above.

Good points, Rob.

To the bold highlighting, you don't know how many times I've sat here and fired something off at the keyboard just to get it out of my system, taken the time to read it, and just deleted it. It's not worth the effort to continue a pissing contest when all it's gonna do is result in hard feelings.

There are times, though, that I will not - will not - take the bull and fire back. I conduct myself on here pretty much like I do in my life. My interaction with people isn't gonna change and there's no sense in pretending to be someone on the internet that you're not going to be (to use an old internet term) in real life.

Joe is a cool dude!!![/quote]

I agree X1000.......WTH is going on here people???

If you don't have something nice to say........Don't say IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sick of editing your rude, thoughtless, political, foul mouthed & out of context comments here. I think I'm going to start Moderating just like Waggin

And for those of you that have POSER ID's........You're on my radar & consider yourself warned :wack:

FABO is a family of Mopar A-Body enthusiasts. We're all here because of the friendships & experiences shared. If you're not here for that GO AWAY :disgust:

Go kick some a$$, C... :rambo: :boxing: :blackeye:

Wow, I really missed a **** show. Guess winter is setting in early.

If Mike leaves, I’m leaving too.
No, wait. That may not work.

A canary should sing.
Sometimes the canary dies.
I hope ours doesn’t

I.ve been sitting on the side-lines for about 6 mnths watching/reading some of the crap going on here.:banghead:Over the last year I haven.t seen or read any posts from some of our (older,Mopar educated,first 1000 members)It seems to me that they,re dropping like fly,s as the site(FABO) changes:wack:I.ve always looked at MeMike as our FABO mascot(caring,shareing his life,knowledge and friendship to all)and I hope MeMike can get past this and continue to be an active long-term member.:DI,m with Wagg,s and C and gonna have to step up my game,with filtering out the bad weeds here.There,s rules set in place here...Don,t abide by them and you,ll be gone.Too many warnings have been given out over comments and language(We all know this is a family site unlike others)and I plan on helping it stay that way.

Mike,I hope you reconsider and come back.Your a big part of FABO and I hope to meet you one day in our future.:hello2:

Good Morning all. We all have to remember, we come from all types of backgrounds, from all parts of the world with all types of personalities. Some have a rougher textures than others. Some maybe in a bad mood or just come across that way. But its our hearts that we get to know and we overlook the exterior. It's okay, to say what to feel, to share your thoughts, good or bad. No one is saying otherwise and I think thats Trailbeast is trying to get across. In no way do I think anyone that has posted on this thread is out of line. The ones who are causing the problems know who they are, and are lurking and enjoying the drama they have created. That is what they live for. You guys are great and I appreciate all of your comments. Have a great day.

Well for me, it's a no brainer. I want to stick around. I kinda like the place. Just do what the mods ask. It ain't too difficult. To use my favorite sayin, "A chimp could do it"

lol

Well for me, it's a no brainer. I want to stick around. I kinda like the place. Just do what the mods ask. It ain't too difficult. To use my favorite sayin, "A chimp could do it"

lol

Most members know our history, If we can get a long now there is no reason other members cant put their differences aside.

This is an interesting site with lots of helpful members and great information. I really don't post often but do like to surf the posts so to speak.

Now I've been a member here for about 6 months. In that time i have noticed a few things. The most obvious is that regardless of what post i look at i am going to see most of the same 20 odd names that seem to comment all the time, anytime of day. I guess they must be retired or something. Not a bad thing, just saying. I must admit though that it makes me feel as if my posting would be rude or unwelcome because I'm interrupting a bunch of buddies shooting the breeze.

The second thing is the overall feeling I get from the place lately. You can't seem to spend more than 5 minutes here before you start seeing members posting rude, insulting or threatening comments. Not sure why (bad economy, stress, mortgages, jobs?) but it reminds me of Jerry Springer. It was fun to watch for a while but gets old quick and no way I would ever jump up on stage. Easier to just switch the channel.

I probably won't post this because I don't want to get into some kinda Internet bullying session but if i do i just thought the Mods / Owner may be interested in what a new member thinks.

Nice post Mike. You should do it more often.

I had the pleasure of speaking with Mike on the phone yesterday, we had a real nice long talk and it was nice to hear he is doing good. We talked a little bit about the site too, Mike told me he was upset over all the "hate" in many threads here on FABO and wished that members could get along better. There has been a lot of putting people down, bad language, arguing, even putting down peoples other hobbies or interests (I have noticed this too). Mike didn't say he was upset with any one person, just really sad to see the site in such despair lately. :sad5:

Mike told me, "Keith, I am a simple man who lives a simple life, and its doing simple things that make this man relax and unwind"

Mike will be back on FABO, might be a week, maybe more but he will be back when he is ready. I know he already misses what goes on here, like many of us, this site is part of our daily routine. Mike said he has a lot to keep him busy up on the hill, especially with the seasons starting to change. He wants to get some time in fishing so he can stock up his freezer, also has to get Victoria dolled up for a car show that benefits children that he is really looking forward to.

Mike and Treva, I hope I didn't step on any toes posting this, just wanted to share a little about how Mike has been feeling. We all miss him and its only been a few days. I hope others will read this thread and try to be a little nicer and friendly. The other day I read a comment that really upset me in a thread, I wanted to fire back and post my feelings...but I thought about Mike and decided to leave it be and walk away, wasn't worth it.

Here are some pics I took this morning for you Mike, I was in a hurry but took a moment to slow down and enjoy a "simple" moment, hope they put a smile on your face :thumblef:

I'm quite surprised it taken so long to get to this point, I have seen the change here over the last year or so.

I still come here everyday but spend less time on here and rarely bother to even post. Hate to see it go the way of bigblockdart.com, I guess you could say I'm one of the old timers here.

I deal with enough negatives and BS in the real word .......

this recent posting from Memikes wife reminded me of how sometimes people can get to one another. its so easy to be rude on the computer to another human being because you only see the screen and the words, but i bet in person you wouldent say the same things to their face.

the whole world is going to hell in a handbasket. Lets all, myself included, mebbe take the time when you write something to proof read it, or if your mad calm down a bit before hitting the send button. mebbe think about how your words may be percieved by the one recieving them on the other end. Ask yourself would you talk to your Mama or Papa this way?? lets give each other the respect thats due. i love this site, i have learned a lot, and have networked to buy and sell parts on here, and hopefully i have helped some people out with ideas, parts, etc.

I know everyone here is from a different backround or religion so i am not going to preach to you, but theres lots of merit in the 10 commandments. i think the world may become a better place if people take these to heart. but first and foremost treat others as you want to be treated, maybe read and try every day to obey Gods commandments. they are as relevant today as they were 3,000 years ago. we are not perfect beings, God knows this, and allows for forgiveness of our sins. the only one who was perfect was his son, and he died for our sins.

I came here because I wanted fresh ideas for my build. That being done I stayed because there was a lot of knowledgeable and/or interesting people on here. I've seen several members get chased off A Bodies over the years, some rightfully but most wrongly. I've been doing A's for 38yrs now & know better than to ask "stupid" questions, but I do remember when I asked a lot of stupid questions. If I'd been treated then, the way some of these young guns have here now, I'd probably be driving a beige Camry today & I would have missed a lifetime of adventures.
To all the impatient, rude & downright nasty members: If I wanted to get slammed, I could go on Yellow Bullet. GO THERE, YOU'LL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME.

-
Back