Potential Purchase 69 Barracuda

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0423041245&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I can get this for $3000. It runs, but the battery was crap and the front tires prevented a test drive....The car was originally white and needs some love. The rockers on both sides have small bubbles and the seams at the base of the rear window. near the trunk has some surface rust.

There is an exhaust leak underneath at the "h" pipe. Interior pretty much needs a total overhaul.

It would need to be towed quite a distance (~90 miles) and the grilles are missing. Found a header panel and grilles on ebay...

Lastly, there are $423 in back fees from the DMV (Cali is weird when it comes to operational/nonoperational) so there is quite a bit of overhead even before the car is legit.

Thoughts? She is dying to close this deal...car is in Riverside, CA. Even if I do not get it, perhaps someone else may be interested. She said feebay turned up a bunch of scammers and kind of freaked her out. It is listed on craigslist for $3800.

I guess the question that I am asking memebers is when you see a car you want, you pretty much know right off the bat, right? That is how it was when I bought my house.

Perhaps some of you people assess everything a car needs and thinks in terms of what it will cost to bring a car up to their standards.

I am pretty ambivalent about this purchase in case you could not tell. I could use some advice from people who have traveled this road before. I certainly would be more on board if the tires were better and the car was driveable. The two fronts were too dry rotted to trust. Additionally, when I pulled the car into reverse, the car died. The battery was DEAD, and had to arc the solenoid to get it to start since there was something wrong at the ignition swith and the car would not turn over that way.

-
Back