Powdercoated intake

-

71valiant

Make fast, break, repeat.
Reaction score
I got my Crosswind intake powdercoated wrinkle black. Thought I'd post some pics and see what you guys thought. I think it'll look good with the Mopar Perf. wrinkle black valve covers.

4h08cuv.jpg

2e153c5.jpg

4hn3la8.jpg

34nmzqf.jpg

I didn't want something that showed all the gas stains and stuff like that. I pondered over what color for like a week. Finally came to this one.

Yeah thats one of the things I liked about it. And one of the coolant ports is in the back, so it's not as cluttered up front.

You don't think the black will heat soak it do you?

I also powder coated my GT-40 intake for my last Lightning clear. Works good.

I was wondering that. I don't know if it would or not. The powdercoat is thin so.... It probably will be ok........... I hope.

looks great man. I agree with your thoughts about it looking good by matching the valve covers. The only thing I dont like about wrinkle finish is that fairly quickly it will have dirt in all the crevaces and its very hard to clean out. Itll typically dry after washing and still show up. maybe light scrubbing with a nylon brush when it gets real bad. Looks good though! Lata'

71valiant said:
I was wondering that. I don't know if it would or not. The powdercoat is thin so.... It probably will be ok........... I hope.

I was more thinking the black soaking all the heat rather than the clear coat.

Thats what I meant, the black itself. I'm not sure though. I hope it doesn't. ALSO,
If any of you guys have a NEW intake you'd like powdercoated, the guy who did mine told me to let you guys know. He will coat your intake ANY color for 50.00 and you cover the shipping. That is a great deal. The translucent colors are amazing. Just let me know if any of you are interested.

I have to be honest, I like it, but, I like your avatar better. You should have got that air brushed on the intake. :thumbup: :toothy7:

rumblefish360 said:
I have to be honest, I like it, but, I like your avatar better. You should have got that air brushed on the intake. :thumbup: :toothy7:

Mine too!! Both look Great!!

I like that shade of black. :thumbup: Crisp! Contrasts the aluminum great! What color is the engine that it's going on? also, will it go with the color of your car too.

HEY! Were did that BOMB of an avatar go!
He he he he he.

QuarterHorse said:
You don't think the black will heat soak it do you?

I also powder coated my GT-40 intake for my last Lightning clear. Works good.

I read (hot rod mag, i think) that black soaks up the most heat as long as the engine temp (or intake in this case) is lower than the ambient temp outside. Ironically, when the engine temp gets above the temp outside, as it always will, black actually dissipates heat BETTER than any other color.

fastnos said:
I like that shade of black. :thumbup: Crisp! Contrasts the aluminum great! What color is the engine that it's going on? also, will it go with the color of your car too.

I'm going to be doing the engine hemi orange. The car is Icelandic Blue metallic, I'm going with a organosol hood with a dual snorkel scoop.

-
Back