Power boosting front only

-

VF69HARDTOP

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm fitting up disc brakes front and rear to my Aussie Valiant and it currently has a remote power booster for the front brakes, I wanted to ask if I can still keep it as power boosted on the front only or should front and rear be boosted for it to work correctly

Thanks

Typically you have to put in a proportioning valve. Might not nerd one with that setup

Is the car set up with two single pot master cylinders?

You may need to explain your brake set up a little more in depth, it doesn’t sound like anything that was used in the US on these cars. A picture is worth a thousand words!

Sorry guy's. My car is basically a 68 Dart with Aussie front sheet metal.
From Chrysler Australia it was fitted with a dual circuit brake master cylinder, drum rear and non vented solid disc front with a remote power booster fitted at the passenger side of the car and it power boosts the front brakes only.

I've now fitted 300mm vented disc with twin piston callipers up front and single piston caliper disc brake rear from an Aussie 2006 Ford Falcon Turbo. I was going to keep the same dual circuit master cylinder but wasn't sure if I could keep the remote power booster assisting the front only, now that it has rear disc brakes fitted.

Thanks

Sorry guy's. My car is basically a 68 Dart with Aussie front sheet metal.
From Chrysler Australia it was fitted with a dual circuit brake master cylinder, drum rear and non vented solid disc front with a remote power booster fitted at the passenger side of the car and it power boosts the front brakes only.

I've now fitted 300mm vented disc with twin piston callipers up front and single piston caliper disc brake rear from an Aussie 2006 Ford Falcon Turbo. I was going to keep the same dual circuit master cylinder but wasn't sure if I could keep the remote power booster assisting the front only, now that it has rear disc brakes fitted.

Thanks

I don’t see why not. I mean, it’s kind of a strange set up, but it shouldn’t hurt anything. You’ll want to install some kind of adjustable proportioning valve, which may be more important with only the front half of the system boosted.

-
Back