Power brake booster fitment

-

smilingdave

Reaction score
Hi, pretty new to this forum. Been reading over last two pages of posts, didn't see anything relative to my problem. So if it is a real simple fix, don't laugh.... Lol.
I have a 73 dart sport. Was a 198, manual disc/drum car. I want to convert to power brakes. I went down to the local orielly's and bought a power booster/master cyl combo for this car as if it had power brakes from the factory.
As you have guessed already, the mounting is different. The power booster has a much wider mounting pattern. Is the an adaptor for this? Or should I go back to the power brake car I got my v8 k-member from and cut out that section of the firewall and transplant it, along with the pedal support?
Or is there another solution that I'm not seeing. You all are great about helping each other out. I mainly have done chevys, haven't done a mopar for along time.

Do you have all the brackets to mount everything up properly?

Attachments

• A body boosters 004 [640x480].jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 197
You see sometimes the simplest things cause you the most grief. thank you very much, I knew I had missed something. Now that I feel like an idiot, I will get my butt out to the donor car and grab everything up. Lol

not for the brake booster, but hemi71x- did you used to fly the f4? We had f4 phantom II's at my base when I first arrived there- Seymour Johnson AFB, NC. They soon after changed to F15E strike eagles- now with 4 squadrons worth. Just thought it was cool to see the F4 pic.

i am having the same prob with a '67 dart, and was told to use a 75 valiant power booster, but still same prob.

Just in case you forget how everything is supposed to go back together..

PowerBrakes.jpg

Been there , done that, have the T-Shirt and the hat !

-
Back