Power brake conversion

-

coyote42

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I got done with my wife’s Duster and been driving it this summer to shake it down. Julie drove it and would like some mods to make it more comfortable for her. I did a factory disk brake conversion and all new system but it has manual master from factory. She would like power brakes. Other than getting a new master and booster, is there anything under the dash that is different too? Any recommendations on where to get the parts?
Thanks

There are multiple companies that make the power booster swap. Mine is an SSBC which actually uses a gm master cylinder. I think SSBC may be out of business now, though. It will bolt right in.

There are multiple companies that make the power booster swap. Mine is an SSBC which actually uses a gm master cylinder. I think SSBC may be out of business now, though. It will bolt right in.

MBM does the GM booster and distribution block. They only wholesale but almost everyone repackages them

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I got done with my wife’s Duster and been driving it this summer to shake it down. Julie drove it and would like some mods to make it more comfortable for her. I did a factory disk brake conversion and all new system but it has manual master from factory. She would like power brakes. Other than getting a new master and booster, is there anything under the dash that is different too? Any recommendations on where to get the parts?
Thanks

A-bodies had a mounting bracket that bolted to the firewall and use a different brake push rod. You don’t have to change the master cylinder either, factory used a different bore diameter but it’s not absolutely necessary.

DoctorDiff sells the Bendix style booster and bracket.

Bendix Style Dual Diaphragm Booster for Mopars

Isn't there a reinforcement/stud plate on PB cars?

...and doesn't the booster mount with studs going the other way?

I tried to remove that plate from a 68 Valiant once.

70% destroyed it trying and gave up.

No reinforcement plate on the A bodies, the angle bracket serves that purpose. B/E bodies have a plate but they don’t have a big mounting bracket like the A’s.

This may be of some help. Thanks to the member who initially posted this.

3420972-instructions-Page-1.jpg

3420972-instructions-Page-2.jpg

3420972-instructions-Page-3.png

3420972-instructions-Page-4.png

-
Back