Power Brakes Issue

-

adamp

Reaction score
Hey guys, so unfortunately, with the swap im doing, I don't have much room for a brake booster and master cylinder. So Im guessing I will have to go with Manual Brakes... =\ I cannot find a Master Cylinder though for my setup...

I have drums in the rear, disks up front, and want manual brake master cylinder... anyone know what would work for that setup?

I was looking at this,

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaz-10-1323/overview/year/1970/make/dodge/model/dart

but it says its for drums... would I need to find something that says its for disk/drums?

Thanks in advance!

If you are gonna get something like that just go to your local parts store. That appears the same as the original 67 in my car

Lowdown on masters "generally" speaking

You want to lean towards smaller, "manual" bore which gives you more pedal leverage

The only actual difference between drum / disc is that the reservoir for the front brakes, which is the rear of the master, is larger to hold more fluid. THIS IS NOT NECESSARY for day to day driving. All you need do is check the fluid regularly, as the pads wear

Second, drum brake masters normally have little valves called residual pressure valves in the outlet ports.

I'm actually using that or a similar master you posted, which is the actual original 67 in my car, to operate FOUR wheel disk brakes. I have 73/ 74 Duster brakes up front, and a Linc Versaille 9" Ferd with factory disk in the rear

All I did was to use a nail and puncture the two residual valves

Thanks for the knowledge! I'll just run that then master cylinder then...

Get a rebuilt master cylinder for a 1973-1976 Dart/Valiant with disc brakes, non-power. Auto zone, N.A.P.A., Rock-Auto, Reilly's has them $38.00 plus a $10.00 core charge. Can't beat the deal with a stick.

^^ Thanks,

Has anyone every used a hidden brake master cylinder and booster setup?

LOL.. no, I'll spend the money if I find a solution... that's why I started looking into hidden master cylinder and booster... stopping is as important as going. HAHA

LOL.. no, I'll spend the money if I find a solution... that's why I started looking into hidden master cylinder and booster... stopping is as important as going. HAHA

I hear ya, :)

-
Back