Power Steering Box

-

Haney

www.carsonandironmt.com
Reaction score
Has anyone used a firm feel or Steer and gear box on their cars? I am running an OEM power box on my car and was wanting something with a little less "assist" to try and get some road feel..... These OEM boxes must have been designed for dump trucks or something....

I have been looking into the aforementioned boxes and was wanting some feedback....

Thanks,

Im running a manual box in my car and it still needs more road feel. Could be my little tires though.

I've got a Firm Feel "Stage 2" box in my '74 Challenger, and it's a vast improvement over the stock box. I would not hesitate to go with them, in fact, I'll probably use a stage 2 box in my Dart, when I get to that point.

The main reason there is no "road feel" is not enough positive caster in the wheel alignment. You would need to add moog offset bushings to do this in the upper a-arms. I have done two cars and works excellent. Alot cheaper than the firm feel box too.

My stock (power) steering box leaks fluid; I've replaced all the hoses and the pump was just replaced under a year ago. I'm constantly adding fluid to it, I can't seem to find the leak. It just seems to appear after I clean it off. Any suggestions?

What kind of fluid you are using?
My powersteering box leaks also, i have tried 3 diffrent powersteering fluids and Mopar powersteering fluid leaks less then others...
And i haven't found out where the leak are... :eek:ops:

-
Back