-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monaro

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Can anyone direct me to where I can get power steering brackets to suite 69 Cuda with 340. On the net I can find them for later models or big blocks but non for my model.
Cheers,
Monaro

If you have a TRW pump, i can sell you these.
Jim V.

Attachments

• PS Pump Brackers 318 001 (Small).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 164
The pump that is on mine is a Saginaw (never heard of a TRW or Thompson pump). Don't think that they were sold over here. The bracket on my motor is the wrong one that has been spaced out to clear block but now the pulleys are not in line (done by previous owner) squells its tits off every time I turn wheel (just getting it on the road)

I've got these for sale. They fit my 71 340. Pulley is single belt though.$30 for the brackets plus actual freight.

Attachments

• Abody PS Brackets and fan pulley.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 127
Thanks to everyone, I am now totally confused as to what I have, I am doing a bit more research and will get back to everyone, although the set up that Pauls 340 has for sale may be the one. I will attempt to post picture.

OK this is the latest. I think that I do have the right bracket kit, the bloke that had the car before me has mounted it to high on the engine, but the problem is that the pump sits on the water return hose, not sure if it will go further into hose if I move it, also the belt will still be out of aligment with pulley. The distance from vibration damper (I think thats what you blokes call it) to center of pulley is 57cm. (power steering pulley is on the front ) rough distance from harmonic balancer to center of pump pulley is 72cm. Maybe I need a smaller shaft on pump or a wider pulley?
Cheers, Monaro

Hold the bus, my car was originally a 6 cylinder so when they fitted the 340 they fitted a cast iron water pump on it so they could run the standard pump (for a 6 cyl.)so that is why it was mounted higher up on the pump and why it is rubbing on the return water hose. Now have to fit a alum. water pump, and get the bottom of the rad. outlet swapped over and we should be apples-its only money-sigh.
Thanks for everyone help,
Regards, Monaro.

hold on dude. 69's used the castiron water pump. If you are still using a slant 6 rad. lose it and get correct rad for bottom fitting. hemi71x has the right idea on correct brackets. I have correct pump and brackets if all else fails

Thanks mate, NOW I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED, what was the full name of that company (does not come up on google)
:banghead:Cheers, Monaro

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back