Power steering on a '73 Dart Sport?

-

JozefJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 1973 Dart sport with front disc brakes and back drum brakes. I'm considering installing a brake booster, for extra stopping power and safety.

But i keep wondering. Is a brake booster on that model neccesary? Or are the manual brakes strong enough? And if I would choose to install it, where can i find a fitting booster (I live in the Netherlands) and would it be an easy install for a beginning mechanic?

Thanks four your views and opinions!

JJ

I run EBC Red disc brake pads on my stock front disc brakes. Gives it more stopping power. These arent very heavy cars so if brakes are in good shape manual brakes can work pretty good

stopping power is increased by and through the components of the brake system itself-- more aggressive pads, larger rotors, different calipers-- the booster only affects the effort needed to press the pedal.

manual brakes with good friction material is more than sufficient for these cars.

It can help if your leg is getting sore, but won't change the stopping distance unless you currently can't lock the brakes with your hardest stomp. Power brakes on an A-body are mostly a matter of driver comfort.

-
Back