Power Steering Parts for 1966 Dart 6 cyl

-

chrisndave

Reaction score
Greetings. Just starting the long road to restore our 66 Dart Convertible 6 cyl. I need a reservoir cap (Federal pump) and a return hose, steering gear to reservoir.

Cap not listed from usual big box parts houses….e bay shows one for $***!!! (N.O.S. USED).Trying to navigate Atlas Obsolete Parts is difficult, but assume that their p/n 812/027 is correct. Does anyone have a used one for sale here???

Return hose is another head scratcher. The current hose was a cluster of large hose, nipple, small hose. The issue here is the steering gear outlet is almost 5/8 od, and the reservoir is between 5/16 and 3/8 od. Has anyone found a solid, one piece hose with proper ends???

Any part numbers, pictures, info is helpful. Is it possible to fit a Saginaw pump to a Federal bracket??? Saginaw pumps are dime a dozen… if they fit. Many Thanks, dave

The return hose should be all one size - 5/8th to match the pump and the box. So it’s possible the pump has been replaced in the past with one with a 3/8in hose return port. Check with Steer and Gear as I sent them a correct slant pump with the 5/8th port as a credit trade-in when I had them rebuild my V8 pump with the 5/8th port

Also bear in mind that although the basic pump is the same for slant and V8, the pulleys for the slant are different depending on AC or no AC as it the mounting brackets for the pump

-
Back