Power Steering Pulley Puller

-

TF360

Reaction score
Will a 3 Jaw gear puller work to remove my 74 Dusters Pulley. Pick up a Puller from the Parts Store, but the end of the Pulley was too big.

There are 2 different size p/s pulley pullers. The kit at most tool stores contain both. I dont think a 3 jaw will work.

Most of the pulley puller kits I've used look like this. You can typically rent them from an auto parts store.

upload_2021-2-23_13-53-19.png

Buy the correct tool. So you don't damage the pulley or shaft. Or hurt yourself in the process. Try to find a 50 year old pulley because you messed it up try to save a few bucks.

Dano, thats the one I rented from Advance, but that outer ring only slides on half way. I switched the half shell pieces around but that ring wont slide on. Maybe I should tap it with a hammer. I noticed the end of the pulley is not perfectly round

72 the one above is not correct. I need a older one?

I have a press on Saginaw pulley if you need one. I don't even recall how I removed it. I just went and looked at it, and the clamp on recessed area does look rather large. Someone could have buggered it up years ago.

Is this a Saginaw, Federal or Thompson pump?

Thanks Dano. I just got mine off. I rented a Puller and didn't fit right, so I went to my tool box looking for something. I looked down and there was a puller I bought when I was about 17 years old! It went right on and I pulled it off. It's a Ampro Puller

The end of the Pulley on my Duster was a little to big to put the band around the two clam shell parts. It went on a littte, but was not right. The old puller just went right on.

-
Back