-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dartgts340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a Power steering pump pulley for a 69 340 with saginaw pump. Any help would be great. Other than needing to be straight condition doesn't matter.

Thanks

OK here is the power steering pump with the incorrect big block pulley. The offset on the pulley is the problem. If someone out there has one like this but for a small block let me know.
Other wise I am going to try to heat it up and press an offset into it. I don't know if this is possible but what do I have to lose but a pulley that I can't use..

Thanks

Attachments

• steerpump_front.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 147
  • steerpump_side.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 129
would this be the one?

Attachments

• psp.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 134
  • psp1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 141
  • psp2.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 124
  • psp3.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 134
The offset looks right but the one that actually came on the car had the spokes not that that really matters to me but a purist would give me crap.:protest:

What year did that come off of.

How much do you want for it? PM me + shipping to 01440

it came off a 67 318. the guy said it was good when i bought the engine. if the pulley has to be pulled off with a puller, i dont have one. i sure wouldnt want to jack anything up trying to do it without one. are you in the states? if you want, i will sell you the whole pump as a core.

if its that big of a deal, you could always cut the holes out LOL

Yah I am in the states. I live in MA..

I do have access to a bridge port... hmmmmmm.

I really appreciate you looking for me.. Let me think about it for a bit I don't really need the pump. I understand not wanting to take it off the pump with out a puller.

Ounce again thanks a bunch.. This is one of the last things that I need to put the car on the road..

I see that you are from the states. Where abouts?

Yah I am in the states. I live in MA..

I do have access to a bridge port... hmmmmmm.

I really appreciate you looking for me.. Let me think about it for a bit I don't really need the pump. I understand not wanting to take it off the pump with out a puller.

Ounce again thanks a bunch.. This is one of the last things that I need to put the car on the road..

I see that you are from the states. Where abouts?

im in colorado springs. this came on a running engine that i bought for my duster .it would probably cost about 15 bucks to ship this usps. if you dont have any luck finding what you need, PM me and im sure we could work something out. i would even consider a trade of some sort. it never hurts to have an extra P/S pump, i know some folks want 50 or 75 bucks for these things. but im not one of them LOL BTW, sweet dart you have there

Thanks I will let you know.. I do appreciate it..

Love the duster trying to get the wife in one.. She is more of an E-body gal but still working on her..

I have a complete set up off a 69 318. check out my add under 69 cuda parts in the mechanical section. there's is a picture of the pump on there.MARK.

Part stores will loan the pulley pull and put tools needed.
I have to ask if you are using the cast iron water pump or the aluminum water pump. It makes a difference.
a few years ago their was a "hemi bracket" guy who had brackets and pulleys for most any configuration.

I believe it is a cast PS pump. If you look at the first set of pictures with the incorrect pulley this is my pump. I actually will have to plead ignorance with whether or not is a cast or not just taking a guess that it is.

I know the PS pump is cast iron. The water pump was the focus.
Have another cup c\_/

Sorry your right Duh.... Stuck on the PS pump.. The water pump is cast.. Don't know why I missed that... Didn't mean to insult if I did...:banghead:

I have a complete set up off a 69 318. check out my add under 69 cuda parts in the mechanical section. there's is a picture of the pump on there.MARK.

Thanks but it looks like the one you have is a press-on pulley on a federal PS pump.. I need the keyed type pulley from a saginaw.

i appreciate you letting me know about it.. Having a bit of a time finding the darn thing. I can get a billet aluminum one for about $50 but still holding out a bit longer for a correct 3 spoke keyed.

no problem, i didnt know yours was keyed, because i would have pressed it off for you if you couldnt find one. i doubt if i'll ever use it. good luck

Thanks a bunch.. Hoping that somewhere out there I can find one. Probably gonna end up with a billet aluminum one for the mean time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back