Power steering pump

-

leblanc

member 2883
Reaction score
I have installed a 360 in the place of the old /6 and now I need to know how the power steering pump brackets go. I can use the /6 pump right? A diagram or pics would definetely help. I have brackets off another V8, just need to know how they go. Got them from another member.

I'm sure you could use the pump with some home fabbed brackets. may be easier to just get brackets and pump off another v-8 though

I have installed a 360 in the place of the old /6 and now I need to know how the power steering pump brackets go. I can use the /6 pump right? A diagram or pics would definetely help. I have brackets off another V8, just need to know how they go. Got them from another member.

If the pumps are the same you can use the old pump, but most of the /6 cars I have bought 70-72 use a different pump.

LEBLANC.. You can use your old pump but you need V8 brackets and pulley.
I have a Federal pump (round tube) and the /6 pulley sticks out about 1 inch farther than the V8 pulley. At least on my 340 A/C motor. If need be you can get the brackets, pump, pulley and hoses that you need off an 80s to early 90s V8 Dodge pick up. They use the Saginaw (oval tube) pump.
These might help.

P6289600.jpg

P7039619.jpg

P7039618.jpg

P7039617.jpg

V8 A/C Pump
P7039620.jpg

/6 A/C Pump
P7039621.jpg

I used my slant six pump on my 76 360. I actually found new bracket's for the pump on e-bag. Havent had any problems.

There are many braket kits here are a few pics depends on your pump style though? I posted the old style and the 70 up styles. There are 3 pumps that have been made ovver the years.

70 & up style PS Brackets.jpg

Old style PS Brackets.jpg

-
Back