power to manual conversion.

-

chad72duster

Reaction score
OK i have a 68 dart that is an orginal power steering car. I put my 73 340 in it and have never been able to get the pulleys to line up right. I have a set of march single groove pulleys for maula steering set up. I also have a 67 dart with manual steering.

So How hard will it be for me to convert to manual steering? Do I need to swap steering colums? Will the gear boxes swap right out. Any insight would be great .

Thanks chad.

I have done it on my 66 Dart. It was an easy switch. Yes I do believe on your 68 you will have to change the column. And the box should bolt right up with no problem.

The box will bolt right in. You'll either need a manual steering colum or an adapter wich is available thre Firm Feel and Mancini Racing.

Just did the switch on my 65 Dart. very easy with the motor out, not sure how easy with the motor in. I put a wanted add out on this and a couple other websites and got the complete set up for $150.00. I will tell you I do miss the power steering especially on those U turns. Might be cheaper to get the right pulleys. Bouchlion performance has various complete sets that will help with everything lining up I called and they were are great help.

check out mid 70 b -vans . they put them into mostly commecial units. that where i got mine,you can still get the orignal ( p/n 4037651) it list for $260.00 dollars no b.s. :wack:

I just used the Flaming river conversion kit on my car last night......I must say it was easy and a beautiful piece......

Manual steering is where it's at! 16:1 ratio and you'll never want anything but! A little stiff to parallel park, but how often do you do that?

-
Back