Power to Manual Help

-

YC dart

Reaction score
This has probably been covered many times but I could not find exactly what I am looking for. On my 68 Dart we are converting from Power to Manual and Drum to Disk up front.

1.We would like an Alumium M/C which year Model will fit?

2.Does Willwood make an Al. model that will work?

3.And since we are eliminating the Power booster what adapter do we need and where are they available?

4.What about the push rod? Stock or what.

Thanks for any info.

Mancini racing.com has all the adapt,and master you want. They also make offset plates to give more room.page 20 of there holiday salepaper.

My car has manual brakes and disc brakes up front on my duster. The master cylinder on there now is cast but i purchased a new master cylinder from a dodge pickup. Part number m99294. You will also need the adapter plate because the new aluminum mc has a two bolt hook up instead of the four bolt. Part num p5249315. Also boot num. 5204051, and push rod ring num.2074960. The only other item you need is the adjustable push rod and that part num. is mre316.

The master cylinder was purchased from where i work (Advance Auto).#M99294.
The plate, boot, ring and adjustable push rod can be purchased at Mancini Racing.
Hope this helps you out.

Is there something wrong with the power booster, how come your changing? I am interested in the booster, if your going to get rid of it, for my 66 barracuda. I am up grading also to 4 wheel disc and looking for power brakes.

I may be wrong be I think that there is a different portioning valve for disc brakes than there is for drum. You can always get one off of a later model duster or dart (73 & 4)

I'm in the process of putting disc brakes on the back of my 1973 duster. You can use rotors off a ford crown vic, and calipers off an s-10 pick up. Rotors fit perfectly. I made brackets for the calipers to attach to. You also have to use an adjustable portioning valve. Wilwood makes one.

every now and then rick E from Mopar Action magazine sells a M/C and adaptor for like $69 on ebay. Look around. You just unbolt your booster, bolt on the adaptor and bolt on the M/C. Very simple. If you get an a body factory pushrod, you might have to modify it for your application. I had to cut and weld mine twice before I got the pedal height where I wanted it. Brakes work fantastically, though. I have a big block in my duster, so I made a simple heat shield for under the M/C. Not sure if I needed it, but did it with spare time at work, so it didn't cost anything (same as the adaptor).

every now and then rick E from Mopar Action magazine sells a M/C and adaptor for like $69 on ebay. Look around. You just unbolt your booster, bolt on the adaptor and bolt on the M/C. Very simple. If you get an a body factory pushrod, you might have to modify it for your application. I had to cut and weld mine twice before I got the pedal height where I wanted it. Brakes work fantastically, though. I have a big block in my duster, so I made a simple heat shield for under the M/C. Not sure if I needed it, but did it with spare time at work, so it didn't cost anything (same as the adaptor).

the link above is to rick E on ebay........

Thanks for the help. Still trying to round up all the parts. The booster is working fine as was the Master Clyinder if any are intrested.
Dave

-
Back