Power Window Kit?

-

chubz

Reaction score
Anyone know of a power window kit for an a body? I've seen a universal kit but Im pretty sure it won't work.

This is a great topic, I am very interested in this information as well.

www.a1electric.com. One of several. I've used their window kits and door lock/trunk lock remote kits and was pleased. Some members here don't agree so I'd recommend you evaluate several others. dan

Depending on the car.....www.nu-relics.com

They also used power windows on the CCR Duster build. Check that thread......(too much gossip to get through it for me)

Good topic, I would run power in a heartbeat if I knew for sure of a good kit I could stuff in a 67 barracuda coupe.

Well my car is being rebuilt from the ground up. New wiring, push button start, power windows, haven't decided on power locks yet.

Wouldn't the 67-70 dodge dart kit work for a 70 Duster?

I emailed them and was told it would work. Then called to order and was told it would not work, so I didn't order it. Diff glass (wing window vs no wing).

It may end up working, I just am not going to get to it for awhile

I emailed them and was told it would work. Then called to order and was told it would not work, so I didn't order it. Diff glass (wing window vs no wing).

It may end up working, I just am not going to get to it for awhile

If its just the wing window difference it should work

Just a note to consider when converting to electric. The glass needs to be free and easy going up and down in the channels. If not it will soon destroy the regulators or regulator motors.

Also you can make your own with a little work and save some money. All needs to be done is mount a regulator motor where the manual handle used to mount.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/search/?Ntt=Window+Motor

Ive been considering doing this but have not around to doing it. At the auto glass center I work at we have a few old motors laying around. Ive been eyeballing which motors will fit the best to the mopar regulator but haven't struck gold yet or test fitted the motor.

I've got a 92 ram truck and I'm putting a power window in on just the passenger side(stock replacement motor) because I'm just to short to reach the crank. It looks so close to the door window regulator on my 66 I just may get another replacement motor and bolt it to the manual one that in there now. and get a button cover made out of plastic for the window crank.

-
Back