power windows/locks

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
has anyone put power windows and locks in a 70s A? im thinkin bought puttin power windows/locks in my 74 sport

im only offering my opinion here ..every vehicle ive owned except the last two have had Power doors and windows ...this being regular every day cars...in the times i owned them i went through alternator and battery replacements ...relays ...shop time ..money ...money ...money ... I purchased a 2000 Dodge Dakota Sport in late 99 power nothing ...i ran that car for 200,000 miles with the same battery and i know i have pics somewhere showing that when i sold it back in October ..the new owner in town ...same battery ..running great ...first thing i did when i went shoping for a family car was look for something that had power nothing to have a similar experience ..i now own a 2008 Jeep Patriot 4x4 5 speed ...the moral of the story is ..sometimes less is better, while power locks and windows are a comfort that some cannot live without ..my answer is ...is it really worth the money? ...not to me .

If you do decide to go with the mod , best of luck to you! ive been following your resto and your doing great.

thanks dan. i drive a 87 5th ave also and have never had a problem with the power windows. last saturday i took the dart on a road trip,and in the mornin i had rolled down the passenger window to talk to my dad,and didnt roll it up,and didnt wanna pull over cuz i was followin him, that got chilly. and on the way home when it started getting dark, it started to get chilly. woulda been nice if i could just hit a switch and put the windows up to warm it up a lil lol

i put a power lock kit in my duster a year ago. Its pretty cool, but i think i am gonna pull it out here shortly, just another thing to go wrong in my opinion and i'm not fond of looking at all the excess wires in my car. If you want it i'll sell it for $20 shipped to ya, but i probably won't be able to pull it until next monday/tuesday.

thanks dan. i drive a 87 5th ave also and have never had a problem with the power windows. last saturday i took the dart on a road trip,and in the mornin i had rolled down the passenger window to talk to my dad,and didnt roll it up,and didnt wanna pull over cuz i was followin him, that got chilly. and on the way home when it started getting dark, it started to get chilly. woulda been nice if i could just hit a switch and put the windows up to warm it up a lil lol

Just crank up the heat until you can get somewhere to roll up the window...lol

i put a power lock kit in my duster a year ago. Its pretty cool, but i think i am gonna pull it out here shortly, just another thing to go wrong in my opinion and i'm not fond of looking at all the excess wires in my car. If you want it i'll sell it for $20 shipped to ya, but i probably won't be able to pull it until next monday/tuesday.

how hard is it to install?? still got the instructions for it? let me know when you pull it out n ill get a MO

im ok when it comes to electrical, and i got a drill to drill the holes in the front of the door in the jamb

its not too hard, i can take some pictures before i pull and label them. i didnt drill a hole in mine, i pulled the middle bolt out of the door hinge and ran it through the hole there.

-
Back