Powerblast Plate for Carbs

-
Maybe it works maybe it doesn't but not ready to throw $80 at it to try. Theory is good though. Be interested to know someone who personally used it and saw worthwhile results.

Show me a ET slip.......lol

Yep.
About every 2-3 decades someone comes up with another bolt on for a carb that claims an increase in power, and every 2-3 decades people spend money on that BS.

Remember the metal plate with the fan that went between the carb and intake that claimed to atomize the fuel better for increased gas mileage?

Might be very good at atomizing fuel, but appears it only works on the accel pump shot. Probably no impact on cruise or WOT after the pedal is to the floor or when held in 1 place.

That being said, IF i still had a carb, It would be interesting if it helps to clear the multitude of concerns listed across many forums for hesitation and stumble on acceleration.

Think I will stick with my EFI.

It take fuel to make HP, black smoke on heavy acceleration is O.K. with me

my uncle had one of those carbs that the oil company bought the patent for then took off the market .

He got 80 mpg out of a 454 in a mid 70s 3/4 ton 4x4

The one for my carb is $40. If it was half that price, I might have wasted some money just to see. But, IMO that is a lot of damn money for such a small piece of brass.

Sceptics ! which I totally understand yes I'm a stooge and purchased one of these but it does actually work under acceleraction not the seat of your pants stuff but its noticeable. Cleaner off idle when stabbing the throttle, found it to to improve throttle response ,engine responded quicker than previously not by a lot but it did work. Butt Dyno ! Mild 318 running Edelbrock 650 AVS.

Wow! I am honestly surprised, I didnt think anyone would say they have bought one. Thanks for your input on what it did for you, do you feel it was worth the money?

Last edited:
Well sometimes you need to try some thing, to me it was an $80.00 Aus throw the dice situation , like I said I felt the same as you all that it was a bullshit sales pitch but I thought I would give it a go and I did found it to improve throttle response not a lot but it was cleaner off the line, even in Neutral and hitting pedal from idle engine responded better than previous. I'm only stating what I found with mine, its not like it added an extra 20hp but it did improve with it.

I just saw this on Facebook, and had to go to their website and watch the video. Its a fairly long video, but I figured it would make a good discussion.

A revolution in carburetor technology: increased carb performance
My brother and i purchased two of them. We purchased one for my 340 4 speed duster with holley 770 street avenger and the other for his 440 six pak challenger.We will start by putting one on the six pak and see if he can narrow the gap between the two cars. It will be a heads up dual. (personally i think they will work) I am looking for a little stronger off line response out of the 340. We shall keep you posted.

i also saw the vid on FB and wondered whether it will work or not... from the first point of view it makes sense when it comes to the acc pump shot... therefore i will try ... but i´m not willing to spend that money, espec. as to get that little brass thing to Germany, i have to add shipping fews, tax etc.. so i will try to fabricate one by myself from scrap metal laying around, doesn´t look so complicated design-wise

i also saw the vid on FB and wondered whether it will work or not... from the first point of view it makes sense when it comes to the acc pump shot... therefore i will try ... but i´m not willing to spend that money, espec. as to get that little brass thing to Germany, i have to add shipping fews, tax etc.. so i will try to fabricate one by myself from scrap metal laying around, doesn´t look so complicated design-wise
anyone notice they were giving ir about twice the accelerator travel w/ the device on there? looked phony to me!

I'd be more concerned with negative effects of this "diffuser plate" and the primary boosters.

Yes it diffuses the acc pum and atomizes it, same way spraying a hose at a wall does.

Rarely do these add on items have positive benefit everywhere.

OK , to add to an old post. I read the comments on the powerblast plate. I had seen this on Facebook. I did some research out side the circle . I didn't really run into anything negative, except on this forum.
I thought I would give it a try especially after
Reducing price by half.
My car a 68 Dart 470 , cold blooded even
after a professional tune. Would have to let it warm up before it would even out.
I installed the plate , takes about 45 min.
Put it back together. From a cold start it
started and idled excellent never done that
Before. I haven't driven it yet but I will let you know. So far I'm impressed.

Get the nozzles to shoot into the center of the boosters with the engine off. With the motor running you will see improved atomization of the pump shot. Most folks don't have the correct nozzle and cam setup IMO. Takes testing time to get the 60' right. Butt dyno don't always show a better et slip.

I don't race the car and don't have access to a Dino. I've never been able to start and warm up with out keeping foot on gas.
From a cold start this was like night and day.
I will take it out and see if throttle response is what they say say it is. The cold start was from a dry carb. Electric fuel pump let it pump for a few seconds gave it a couple pumps started right up and stayed lit. That was well worth the money right there, anything else will be a plus.

That was a joke BTW....:rofl:

Yeh, folks with no common sense or automotive knowledge still throw money at these scammers! Cow magnets strapped to the fuel line to ionize the fuel or some crazy **** is still my favorite.

-
Back