Pre Magnum stock roller cam specs?

-

AnotherA

Reaction score
Trying to find out what the stock cam specs are for a engine I picked up a few years ago.
Its casting says its a 1989 360. The previous owner said it came out of a 90 Ramcharger.

The reason I ask is because I brought the 308 heads to the local machinist.
Mentioned to him I was looking at putting a cam in it so he pulled a spring and checked it over. It won't handle anything over a .420 lift.

So now my curiosity is peaked.
Anyone know the stock cam specs for a roller cammed 360 out of a 1990 Ramcharger?

Thanks guys.

It's a preey dead stick. I don't have my book on hand to look up the specs. I do not think lift goes beyond .410

Why would Ma Mopar stick such a low lift roller cam in?

Why would Ma Mopar stick such a low lift roller cam in?

the 360s were in pickup trucks....should they have stuck .750 roller cams in them?...

they do not warranty work ..cost them money...

the 360s were in pickup trucks....should they have stuck .750 roller cams in them?...

they do not warranty work ..cost them money...

I'm aware they were in trucks. Just forgot the era they were built in.

probably the only good thing about getting old...you lived in all the previous era.....lol

Any idea what the duration is on the stock cam?

Put a nice smaller roller in there with stock lifters and have fun. I have a 87 roller 318 with #302 heads in the garage. I would like to put it together someday. (Next project) I need to get my 66 painted and back together first. LOL tmm

Are there any off the shelf cams that will work with the stock heads?
This is the "get me by" motor, but damn it would be nice to at least have a little more power and a small lope.

Are there any off the shelf cams that will work with the stock heads?
This is the "get me by" motor, but damn it would be nice to at least have a little more power and a small lope.

Well, you're probably not going to get much under .420 lift. Even the smallest off the shelf cams from comp and crane would be pushing it. Have you asked your machinist about shimming the springs so you can get a more decent bumpstick?

You sure your machinist is right about the the .420" lift seems wrong to me, maybe someone more experience can add.

I thought .450 was the max for the pre-mag roller motors.

I also though the 318 cams were slightly more aggressive.
(Possibly due to slightly more compression in the 318)
(also might just be a magnum thing)

How about a cam from a magnum, with the snout adaptor?
I wonder if that would work.

Very difficult to find info on these motors (aside from the 302 heads).
I also wondered if there was any more aggressiveness in the early roller cams, or just for less friction.

-
Back