Prebuilt portable garage shed?

-
Thanks for the info. Will check my local TH for requirements. I know my luck though, they don’t call it taxachusetts for nothing…!!! Swingn’

Didn’t they have a tea party up there?

Yep..!! Sure did..!! Held us over for a while. I’m thinking it’s not just us this time. A fair amount of frustration country wide it seems….Swingn’

Oh,and I think I would do my shed red with white trim. Just to keep things on topic…Swingn’

@mod38-1 If they have a display model, look and see if it has plywood between the outer siding and the studs. It looks like they just wrapped Tyvek and put the siding on. I don't know if I'd be comfortable with no plywood or OSB under the siding. That's what adds shear strength to the structure. High winds might warp it up without it. Nice looking building otherwise!

:thumbsup:

I am looking at buying a prebuilt portable garage shed that would be 12x28. I would be buying it store my duster in it over the winter along with some other stuff. Does anyone here use one for car storage and if so how is the wood floor holding up? The specs on the floor would be 2x6 floor joists 12 inch on center with 3/4 subfloor for the flooring.

View attachment 1716290856
I may also recommend that you go w/a METAL shed. Ive seen and fixed my share of rotted wood.

I just looked at the sheds for less website and prices have gone up a lot from what you posted (I am sure due to prices now vs pre-covid). A 12x24 garage is listed at 8,599 and that does not include the garage door, shingles and roof trim or paint.
Mine is a metal building.

Good, I was refering to MOD 38-1 who is looking and showed some T111 Wooden sheds; unless I lived in the dry SW US, Id go METAL!

so i finally got to see if i had room to pull a motor in my 14x24 garage. it was tight but the motor is out and the car never stuck out of the garage door. now i do not have any tool boxes in this one so i have moor room up front then in the other garage the same sice.

IMG_20240905_075847.jpg

IMG_20240905_075840.jpg

-
Back