Precision Gasket and 67 Mylar strip

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So I see quite a few suppliers with kits for front ws but nothing for the rear?? Im talking about the lockstrip for the windshield.
Apparently mfg is by the name of Precision unless anyone knows any other mfg??
Who has contact info for them?
Steele sells it at 3.90/ft.
They guy from Steele even said they sell it but dont mfg it.

Thanks
Steve

If its not a convertible, Steve, you can use the stuff for 80's GM pickups, I think. Pretty much any windshield shop should have it. Convertibles use the special (read:SPENDY) lockstrip

Thanks Dar, I will into the 80's Chev truck stuff. This is for dads fastback. As far as I know/knew the Mylar lockstrip was the same for all 67's whether front or rear??
Why dont they sell it for fb rear?? Its the same as the front.
I thought cuda vert front ws gaskets were the same from 67-9??

If its not a convertible, Steve, you can use the stuff for 80's GM pickups, I think. Pretty much any windshield shop should have it. Convertibles use the special (read:SPENDY) lockstrip

Thanks Dar, I will into the 80's Chev truck stuff. This is for dads fastback. As far as I know/knew the Mylar lockstrip was the same for all 67's whether front or rear??
Why dont they sell it for fb rear?? Its the same as the front.
I thought cuda vert front ws gaskets were the same from 67-9??

Steve...I think all the A-bodys except 'verts use the same stuff. The window shops sell it off a roll by the foot, I think. That way you buy as much as you need....I could be wrong!

Steve...I think all the A-bodys except 'verts use the same stuff. The window shops sell it off a roll by the foot, I think. That way you buy as much as you need....I could be wrong!

I'll chk the shops here out. Stupid why its easily avail for the front and not rear.
I wonder why vert front is different? ?

Not sure why they made it different, but here's what the 'vert stuff looks like...

Orig & YO-LSsml.JPG

The front glasses are all the same ( well actually there are 2 types ). The aftermarket would offer that. Maybe even precut lengths of mylar and the little metal corner pieces in a kit. There's many variations in rear glasses. I wouldn't expect to find more than a roll of mylar material offered for those.

Have you got contact info for Precision Ben?
The front glasses are all the same ( well actually there are 2 types ). The aftermarket would offer that. Maybe even precut lengths of mylar and the little metal corner pieces in a kit. There's many variations in rear glasses. I wouldn't expect to find more than a roll of mylar material offered for those.

I did have many years ago. I purchased a round rubber lock cord for something and it came in precision packaging. Their www. info was printed on it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same company. Precision Rubber Products Appears that they don't deal directly with end users today.

I tried the link Ben and looks like they are strictly a rubber hose mfg.
Thanks anyway.

Anyone else with Mylar info?

I did have many years ago. I purchased a round rubber lock cord for something and it came in precision packaging. Their www. info was printed on it. If I'm not mistaken, this is the same company. Precision Rubber Products Appears that they don't deal directly with end users today.

IN-FB5, 1967 Barracuda fastback 3-piece rear window lockstrip set, $219.00

The stainless-steel end caps are not available yet.

These are in stock on the showtruck and will be present at Carlisle coming up as well as Columbus, OH and MoparFest in Ontario coming up in August.

IN-FB5, 1967 Barracuda fastback 3-piece rear window lockstrip set, $219.00

The stainless-steel end caps are not available yet.

These are in stock on the showtruck and will be present at Carlisle coming up as well as Columbus, OH and MoparFest in Ontario coming up in August.

Thanks Rick, so that $219 just for the lockstrip? I was quoted $3.90 a foot from Steele, but not 100% sure its the correct lockstrip.

Here is a video I found on youtube from Precision, thought it might help someone.

Thanks Rick, so that $219 just for the lockstrip? I was quoted $3.90 a foot from Steele, but not 100% sure its the correct lockstrip.

I'm not sure what product Steele is selling, but the lockstrip we offer is correct for this year and is very similar to the lockstrips shown in the pic Darwin(65Val) posted earlier in this thread, and it is priced at $219.00 for the fastback rear windshield set.

So Ive discovered the reason for the difference in price between Steele and Precision. What Steele sells as "lockstrip" is SPECIFIC to their replacement gaskets. They sell gaskets/kits that are specific to our 67 one year only style, BUT their gasket doesnt accept the original style lockstrip, theirs only.
Also you will notice on Steele website that they show their "lockstrip" coiled up. NO WAY possible that the original style lockstrip could be coiled up like that.
So looks like Precision is IT so far, as I dont need/want to replace my gaskets, nor do I wanna pull the damned windshields! I wish I had kept the fb ss trim sets I sold a few years back! LOL
Im talking to Precision about the lack of "quality" with the lockstrips. Ill post any more info I find out.
Thanks all

I don't know if anyone can produce this part to be UV stable. Good luck though.

Thanks Ben, I just cant seem to justify over $200 for each windshield when, due to lack of quality and shrinkage you only get 3-4 years at best out of them. Sucks
I don't know if anyone can produce this part to be UV stable. Good luck though.

3 or 4 years might be max life if left out in the sun day after day ( as in daily driver ). Majority of the ol' gals are laid in the shade today.

-
Back