Predator heads

-
Reaction score
I am the original owner of the Predator heads and partnered in design and development of them. The only reason I signed up is because I have read multiple feeds that have no idea what they are saying. I’m not up on how to do this but if anyone has any fair questions about the Predator heads or development I will do my best to reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the original owner of the Predator heads and partnered in design and development of them. The only reason I signed up is because I have read multiple feeds that have no idea what they are saying. I’m not up on how to do this but if anyone has any fair questions about the Predator heads or development I will do my best to reply.

I also have a few complete Predator head, studs & rocker assembly’s I kept from our last build before we sold NRC Performance products….
Why don't you start off explaining what is being said that is wrong. That may get a conversation going.

????????????????????????????????????​

PREDATOR HEMI PATTERN ASSEMBLED HEADS​

Retail Price: $9,120.00
Your Estimated Price: $0.00
1400 HP POTENTIAL
  • Assembled heads come with roller springs good up to .980 lift.
  • Customer must supply cam specs.
  • Machined exclusively for special T&D rockers.
  • Valve Angle is 10 degrees on the intake and 6 degrees on the exhaust.
  • 540 CFM potential airflow.
  • Intake port volumes available are 400cc as cast up to 460cc fully CNC ported.
  • Exhaust port volume is 168cc.
  • Intake valve diameter is 2.450.
  • Exhaust valve diameter is 1.840.
  • Titanium valves are optional.
  • 84cc combustion chamber volume.
  • Flat mill .006″ per combustion chamber cc.
  • Can be milled to 65cc.
  • CNC combustion chambers available for 4.500 to 4.560 Bore.
  • Use Indy Maxx block or Mopar World cast iron block.
  • Wedge and Hemi head bolt patterns available.
  • Bore centerline is 4.800.
  • Spray bar valve covers (PRE-7S) or pushrod oiling available.
  • 2.200 spring height, 1.625 common diameter.
  • Head Gasket: Cometic multi-layer steel.
  • Intake Gasket: Indy 234P.
  • Exhaust Gasket: Indy 238P.
  • Head Studs: ARP PRE-17 for Wedges and PRE-27 for Hemi.
  • Valve Guides: 11/32 solid bronze (5/16 available).
  • 3/4 reach gasket seat spark plugs.
  • To complete your engine Indy Cylinder Head manufactures big volume single 4500 and tunnel ram manifolds as well as light weight cast aluminum valve covers.
  • Head stud torque 70ft lbs.
  • 7/16-14 T&D rocker bolts 50ft lbs.

I’ve never even heard about Predator heads. Is this a sales tactic?
They've been around a while, but scarcely seen, flow supposed to break 400's easily.
The mid-500's I'd like to see..

I've never heard of them and never seen them discussed. This is the first.

Welcome to FABO, I am also curious what is being posted You wish to correct, not too many threads here on them...at least not recently. Isn't this where the Covalt 32valve conversion disappeared??? I'd be just as interested in hearing about that...

440-c6-655-1350-100x100.jpg

There were several negative comments made that were not accurate or informed.

My main issue was those googling saying the 540 cfm we claimed was probably without any valves! I assure you the 540 cfm was with a 2.45” intake valve in the cylinder at approx. a .980” valve lift. We used a necked down Titanium intake valve.

I started development on these heads while we were still playing with the Covalt 32v heads that were designed by Marty Covalt my engineer and chief designer at the time, and he has recently passed away and I may not remember some of the critical data like Marty would have. He was an engine genius.

The ports were designed by a very high profile engine development firm and builder for many Professional racing teams…

There were several negative comments made that were not accurate or informed.

My main issue was those googling saying the 540 cfm we claimed was probably without any valves! I assure you the 540 cfm was with a 2.45” intake valve in the cylinder at approx. a .980” valve lift. We used a necked down Titanium intake valve.

I started development on these heads while we were still playing with the Covalt 32v heads that were designed by Marty Covalt my engineer and chief designer at the time, and he has recently passed away and I may not remember some of the critical data like Marty would have. He was an engine genius.

The ports were designed by a very high profile engine development firm and builder for many Professional racing teams…
Sorry to hear of Mr. Covalt's passing, I admired the development of those heads & system.
I'm not sure anybody on this site has directly challenged those, I'd like to see a vid of a flow test, that's honkin'. Assuming they are used on large-bore aftermarket blocks, I can see that in a 4.5" bore, thanks for posting.

-
Back