Prepare To Lose Your Brain Matter... The Duke Engine

-
Sell that for $$$ to one of the "BigBoys" to keep it off the market. :D

I'd bet that design could translate into some industrial applications in the near future. Wonder if a diesel engine like that would be feasible?

How bout a small unit powered by Natgas/Propane for generators or even forklifts?

That is a pretty cool concept. I wonder if it could be expanded, since the design in the video seems to be the alternative to a 6-cylinder engine, to replace a standard V8 engine? Wonder what the the HP and TQ numbers look like?

small and compact, yes very cool

Kinda like a swash plate hydraulic pump. Pretty cool idea. Like VA said, it would be interesting to see hp and torque numbers as well as fuel consumption rates.

I wonder if it has to be an odd no of cylinder's to make it work? I can here it now "what are you running? big cylinder Round 9"

...or a sanden style a/c compressor.

I wonder if they've experienced any significant wear or failures in the eccentric at the base where ball joint or CV joint meets the crank.

..and can the combustion chamber be shaped into a hemispherical design?

Very cool, but my thoughts is it would be a timing nightmare, If something wears just a little bit it throws everything off. Maybe its just the way Im viewing it.

I wonder if they've experienced any significant wear or failures in the eccentric at the base where ball joint or CV joint meets the crank.

..and can the combustion chamber be shaped into a hemispherical design?

your wear comment was my only thing. i guess it they can keep the oil pressure high it would live

-
Back