Pressure building in tank

-
I'll check out my manual when I get a chance, thanks guys! I've only used it once but with me driving the car again it looks like it'll get used.

I can give all the scoop on what to buy and where. I still have a few sections of 120 degree mandrel bent pipe and flange adapter and cone washers........and a few (flat and bell) flared pipes!!

treblig

Sorry, I'm just seeing this as I look back through the thread. Is that so the exhaust doesn't have to be piecemealed together when the manifolds are put in place?

Sorry, I'm just seeing this as I look back through the thread. Is that so the exhaust doesn't have to be piecemealed together when the manifolds are put in place?
Well after I started buying and selling the manifolds I found that FABO members also needed the 120 degree down pipe to clear the torsion bar on the drivers' side so i started buying all the stuff to make the driver's side down pipe. Then I found that you can't buy a magnum bell flared down pipe (it's a factory item) for the passenger's side so I started making those. Its' also hard to find the adapter flanges for a decent price and the cone washers so I also started selling those. So, I was just furnishing everything needed so that you could take your car to the muffler shop and get the pipes hooked up.

Treblig

Gotcha. What would it cost to buy the things necessary to put on those manifolds?

Gotcha. What would it cost to buy the things necessary to put on those manifolds?
Well, I just sold the parts to make the 340 down pipe for $45 (plus shipping) to another member. That includes a section of "super tight" mandrel bent pipe, a 340 flange adapter (my last one) and a section of flat flared pipe for the 340 manifold. A section of super tight mandrel bent pipe, all by itself, will cost you $40 if you can find one?? When I used these parts on my Barracuda I placed all the pieces on the manifold (on the car) then welded it in place so that everything cleared. If I weld it up for you then the price goes up to $85 because it takes some time to do it off the car.
On the 360 bell flared down pipe....I'll have to check to see if I have any in stock. You can also buy the TTI down pipe for the 340 but it's very expensive.
You can get/find a 340 magnum for about $35-$65 depending on where you get it (I can help you with that). The 340 (70s) driver's manifolds are for sale all the time in the "For Sale" section on FABO or you can place a "wanted ad" and you'll get plenty of responses. They go for $175 to $275.
I sell the cone washers for $3.50 each and you only need 6.

treblig

Ok that is good to know. Would it be better to wait until I buy the manifolds so I could let you know which pipes I would need? You did the 340 HP driver side and then the 360 magnum passenger side, right? I'm planning to do gears first (2.76 in car now) before I work back to the engine but I'm just trying to do my homework. Thanks for being a good source on all this!!

Ok that is good to know. Would it be better to wait until I buy the manifolds so I could let you know which pipes I would need? You did the 340 HP driver side and then the 360 magnum passenger side, right? I'm planning to do gears first (2.76 in car now) before I work back to the engine but I'm just trying to do my homework. Thanks for being a good source on all this!!

No problem but once I run out of this stuff I don't plan to buy any more parts. If you take your time you'll find a good deal on the manifolds or I can tell you where to find the magnums. Gears are always a good start....I'm putting in some 4.56 gears in the Barracuda this weekend.

treblig

Oh wow. I'll just be going 3.55s. Haven't decided if I will do that in the 7.25 and hope for the best (I don't race it at the track anymore, it's only a 318 and a low 15 second car) or if I want to do the 8.75 and go all out.

Oh wow. I'll just be going 3.55s. Haven't decided if I will do that in the 7.25 and hope for the best (I don't race it at the track anymore, it's only a 318 and a low 15 second car) or if I want to do the 8.75 and go all out.
I'm running a 2004R with overdrive so the 4:56 gears won't be a problem. I think top speed would still be 140 MPH at 5500 RPM.

treblig

-
Back