Pressure plate bolts - small v8 flywheel

-

Patrick

Reaction score
Seems like the early v8 abody (small flywheel) pressure plate bolts are 5/16" and don't appear to follow the later standard of 3/8". I only have 3 of 6 (damn - i thought i was careful about bagging them!!!) so i'm on the hunt for replacements and i'm not having much luck.

Looks like MrGasket sells 5/16" for ford but they're 1" long and the ones i have are 7/8" long (1/2" of it is threaded)

Anyone have leads?

thanks!

Seems like the early v8 abody (small flywheel) pressure plate bolts are 5/16" and don't appear to follow the later standard of 3/8". I only have 3 of 6 (damn - i thought i was careful about bagging them!!!) so i'm on the hunt for replacements and i'm not having much luck.

Looks like MrGasket sells 5/16" for ford but they're 1" long and the ones i have are 7/8" long (1/2" of it is threaded)

Anyone have leads?

thanks!

Have you tried Fastenall or called ARP? I think they make those style of bilts, dont those have the flat washer built onto the bolt? I think they are grade 5 bolts and are only tightened to 22 ft lbs

Dave,
No, looks like a standard bolt with a small section not threaded. Think i can buy regular grade 5 bolts and make sure i torque them properly?

gotcha - I have the flywheel bolts already and i'm not 100% sure the YearOne pressure plate bolts would be 5/16" anyway since the standard appears to be 3/8"

they have several different sizes I ordered a set should be here tomarrow all i neede was the pressure plate bolts also it was easier ordering the kit then trying to find correct ones they do need the step in them for alignment

On my V8 car I just went to a bolt shop and got hardened socket head cap screws in the 5/16 size and correct length. Regular head (1/2 hex) won't fit. SHCS in that size are stronger than the stockers.

You might try dealership or Napa store. mrgusa.com. I wouldn't suggest any substitute hardware there. More factors to a bolt than the hardness to consider.

-
Back