Price question

-

no1newb

Reaction score
Today i got home with a card in my door. some one wants to buy my original 65 barracuda wheels, ive been debating it, and wondering what i could get for them. any ideas?

their all the same quality.......and sorry for not resizing the pic.

img00068h.jpg

If they are 13's, the guy would be doing you a favor. There is not much of a market for the 13's. If they are 14's, that is a completely different story. Worth $$$.

Yup its the 14s that are of value. The 13s are only worth what someone will pay and then its probably just for the center pieces.

You can't retire off of a set of 14 inch caps...... but you life will be easier....

Little far fetched, some humor but they are big money.

As stated in earlier posts, 13's are worth alot for there center caps only. the outside parts though accent round wall clocks quite nice.......

Been messing with the early A's for over 20 years now and have yet to see one with original 14" wheels & caps. I'm sure their out there I just haven't seen them.

they are actually 14's, if their that rare, but still curious how much they could be worth. they just look bad because i haven't cleaned them at all. i could probably fix em up in an hour or two.

If you're not going to use them, why not sell them to the guy for $200? It's not going to hurt you to give him a decent deal. What goes around comes around, I always say.

As stated above, the 13"'s don't fetch much. I've found them at numerous swap meats for $10ea. unless it's a Chevy guy selling them and then they think the 13"'s are exstreamly rare.

But the 14"s are quite hard to find, they only came on the S cars and not all S cars had this style cap and those that did ended up getting mags or being Hotroded. In the 30 or so years of messing with early Plymouth A's I only have two of them. I would think they are worth around $250-$300 a set if in nice shape with good centers.

I wouldn't mind having them for my stock Barracuda but cash is low right now.

thanks everyone, he came by again today and told me he found some craigers that he probably get, i don't know if i want to try to restore the original look, so ill probably keep them for a while. only thing is, my car wasn't originally a formula S, so im a little surprised i have them.

After looking at the photos, they actually look like 13's, Are you sure they're 14"

ill check again, but im pretty sure their 14, i was in a dark shed when i checked and i was in a hurry, ill check tomorrow.

sorry it took a few days.

here it is, a foot and 2in
14in

i couldnt get the cap off so i just turned the wheel over

img00069h.jpg

Not to say you are wrong, but I thought a rims size was measured from the outer diameter of where the tire sits, which would have to be measured without the tire on the rim. Or, you could just read the size of tire that you have installed on them. Of course I could be wrong and I don't have a vehicle here to look at.

why would it matter if the tire is on it or not?

and i didnt see a size on the tire, but i didn't really look to hard, again, im in a dark shed.

Sorry, I guess I should have been clearer. It is the area where the inner diameter of the tire sits; in other words, if the tire was not installed on the rim, it would be the inner diamter of the center of the tire. What you have measured in the photo is the outer beed of the rim and not its actual diameter. The reason why I suggested you read the size of the tire on the rim is so you will know if it says 13 or 14 that will determine which rim it is. If I'm wrong on this, someone please chime in.

those are 13,sthe measurement is from the inside of the bead.14 inch wheels are 15 inches overall

I too am curious as to what they are worth since I have at least 9 or 10 of the 14 inch size. Definitely know they are the 14 inchers as they fit perfectly on both my 65 Valiant and Barracuda with 14 inch wheels. The special lug nuts might be even harder to find.

-
Back