prices for 4 speeds

-

RPMLegends18

Reaction score
Hi guys,
For the longest time I have always wanted a 4 speed bolted into my Dart. I now I think I am ready to finally try and tackle that feat 8) I was just wondering what the prices would be and if it would be easier to get something like this http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymoto...ries?hash=item4ceb04fd66&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14 its at $1,299.xx. That guy always seems to have these "conversion" kits for sale and was wondering if anyone has ever bought one from him and how the thing looked and worked when they got it. And if that is a fair price. Even though it doesnt have the transmission hump or the clutch discs and Im sure theres probably other items needed.. So I guess my question is what is the best way of going about doing this...

Thanks,
Ryan

I think if you shop around or wait a while you will find a better price on a complete kit. You can always post your needs in the want adds here.

brewers packages for a-bodies are 3500 lol but new parts for the most part i believe and if not new rebuilt i bet. so i bet you can find a better price i think i got everything from carpet and hump tranny and shifter and pedals and all for like 1200 but it all needs rebuilt now

Alrighty thanks for the input guys, I will have to keep my eyes peeled. All the pictures of these beautiful 4 speed cars on here is just teasing me...I just wanna be able to grab the Hurst and bang it threw some gears...(day dreaming)
:burnout:
It seems I will also have to do some reading on what to do for the crankshaft, I kinda skimmed through some stuff today but not much time to read its entirety. Hopefully its not to much hassle to have the crank machined or whatever it is that has to be done, assuming it has to be done.... I CANT WAIT :toothy10:

it is not much more to do the t5 swap. then you have overdrive and hydro clutch so more header clearance. and you need the auto hump so one less thing to worry about. search "t5 swap" and you will find it. that is what i wish i would of done right off the bat.

Yeah I saw that a while back. It looks like a good deal and the OD would be a nice luxury. But something about the mechincal clutch and shift linkage just screams old school. Its just for a cruiser, not much H.P.. Whatever I come up with I still cant wait. Maybe a Viper transmission lol...just kidding

Maybe a Viper transmission lol...just kidding

I am in process of putting a T56 from a Viper into my truck. I still have to build a driveshaft, but everything else including a used T56 from a Viper is under $2500. The same parts could be used to put this transmission into an A, B, E or even a C-body, but some transmission tunnel surgery would likely be in order.

With that in mind it makes it kind of hard to spent over a grand on an 833 unless you're doing a restoration. Once the truck is done and I start to work on my Valiant a T5 is likely to find its way under it.

Sure, you could piece it together yourself for cheaper, but that guy has done all the leg work for ya. If you want to do it now, buy his kit. If you want to do it next summer, start scouring for parts and you'll get there eventually.

-
Back