Primary Wire

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
What a good general size wire 18, 16, or 14 gauge? Every time I need wire I have to go and buy some I was thinking of of buying some spools to keep around my shop. I don't want to get 3 different sizes.

Dunno friend. I try to keep wiring as close to OEM gauge and color as possible. Let's face it , no one can afford 3 or 4 sizes in 9 or 12 colors. My most recent purchase was a spool of blue for alternator/regulator upgrade. If you or anyone else needs the same approx 6 feet for that job I could mail it.
Start a never ending spool thread and each member stock one spool of something for shares ? (day dreaming here LOL) Good luck :)

ive replaced all my wiring using 14 except headlites, alternator and high draw stuff. better too big than too small. i just bought a few different colors.

ive replaced all my wiring using 14 except headlites, alternator and high draw stuff. better too big than too small. i just bought a few different colors.

Thats was I was thinking too. I was thinking of getting a few different colored spools of 14 gauge.

I'm running a bunch of 16ga for all my dash and acessory stuff. One size bigger than what the manufacturer recommended. I bought a parallel spool with 4 different colors on it. Was the cheaper way to go in my case.

Anyone know what gauge size Painless is using in their harness kits? I think its either 14 or 10.

-
Back