Prius the new Vanishing Point?

-

Hersbird

Reaction score
Did you catch that super bowl ad of the Prius as a getaway car and a cross country police chase? They then make a Prius cop car and have the line, "it takes a Prius to catch a Prius."
Sit down Toyota, it's already been done. It was one of the only decient ad in the game but only because it gave me the opportunity to school the crowd on one of the best car movies of all time.
Dodge should put out their own ad with one of these running that Prius down like a hawk hitting a gofer. At least it was just 4 bank robbers and not a Utah rancher or they would have just gunned them down.
2015-dodge-charger-pursuit.jpg

During the chase I noticed that the "CHP" car had "Pursuit" on the rear doors. It doesn't mean it can actually catch anything like the name "Interceptor" implied for the old CHP 440 Magnum cars.

Stupid commercial, the Doritos commercials were better. I doubt that's going to influence any potential Prius buyers. Ever driven one of those? Not really a neck-snapping memorable experience.

i think they were mostly making fun of themselves in that commercial no kid actually has a poster of a prius in their room lol

During the chase I noticed that the "CHP" car had "Pursuit" on the rear doors. It doesn't mean it can actually catch anything like the name "Interceptor" implied for the old CHP 440 Magnum cars.

Not sure I'm reading this correctly, but if memory serves, Mopar had "pursuit", Ford had "Interceptor"....

Unless we're talking Jenson ;-)

Not sure I'm reading this correctly, but if memory serves, Mopar had "pursuit", Ford had "Interceptor"....

Unless we're talking Jenson ;-)

I thot the half time show was about the worst I `ve ever seen , and the commercials were among the worst ever too. makes me "not" want to use the products advertised if their making enough $ to buy a spot on there and do it stupidly!

i miss the 90s of superbowl commericals, those were the best years.

That said, that Toyota commerical was absolute junk. Even those crown vics would have gotten close enough to execute a pit maneuver and bye bye prius

To save on gas and emissions, all police chases from now on will have to be on bicycles and big wheels....

All of them sucked.....Now that gas is cheap Prius has to try and appeal to a new market anyway they can.....

At the time they start crashing "Priuses" fullspeed into 2 dozers I might actively start paying attention to them...

Toyota makes really dumb commercials aimed at hipsters, they had one where the song "Bridge over the River Kwai" whistled during it a few years bad. They pulled it really quick.

My 20-something hipster sons seem typical of today's youth. They only have posters of I-stuff and video games on their walls. The only cars they care about are the Uber and Lyft ones that show up. They do think electric cars are cooler, but probably more for their cute dash displays. Seems the ad was targeted at them.

My kids don't give two ***** about cars. Crying shame, it is.

Although, when teaching the only that wanted to learn, how to drive, he did say it was fun when I told him to floor board my 5.2 Dak sport.

He's got 3.0 Sebring now, it probably never goes outside of an area with a 25 mph speed limit.

Maybe take 'm to the dragstrip when a bunch TopFuelers are running.
That'll get their attention real quick as to how cool a simple 'stone-age' piston-engine can be.

The only commercial that I liked at all was the one with the singing sheep.

Treblig

-
Back