pro comp big block heads

-
after getting the heads and seeing that I would have to replaced the valves,springs,retainers,i read elsewhere that the guides are cheap,and the push rod tubes need to be open up,so not wanting to put a ton of more money into them I sold them on ebay,i am looking for 440-1 heads,was going to use b-1,but they told me I need new pistons as I couldn't use the pistons I have,and they told me they would only work on 4.5 bore blocks,so,im returning to 440-1 heads,looking for a pair with roller springs

Yeah had to open up the pushrod holes...

Bringing this thread back from the dead. What are you guys using for valves in the pro comp heads? Bought a pair about two months ago but haven't got two nuts with them yet. Got the cnc'd bare castings, then bought their valves too mainly for ***** and giggles and they only cost 50 bucks. The valves i got are 2.25 intakes approx. 5.5" oal. 1.81 exhaust approx. 5.45" long. (measurements taken with dirty calipers and too much coffee). Installed height is working out to be around 2.1", thats before i fix there booty valvejob and not taking into account a spring cup. I remember reading before i bought the heads that the victor/procomps came with 2.20- 5.3" valve sizes with a normal installed height around 1.85" ??? Thoughts please.
Sorry if that wasn't very coherent.:burnout:

-
Back