pro comp

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
anyone ever heard of procomp electonics i see it on ebay and i would like to start buying when i can afford new parts for rebuild but i am not very smart at this so i would like ideas i want to upgrade ign system i already am not using points but have no clue whats in there i keep reading about aftermarket coils and ign boxes but i am lost this is a daily driver so it doesent need to be crazy just dependable right now i am almost positive i have reg coil will a upgrade in this area help or not thanks for your response

there was a thread where several people were running their hei distributor with success...

thanks for reply 70aarcuda i just dont know what i am talking about and i am looking for guidance i just cant afford to buy junk and i refuse to sell it if i do if you know what i mean it just aint right

i used an msd 6al procomp equivalent with no problems, even tried it on mates mustang,good spark etc...heard mixed reports on their heads and distributors,one thing using procomp cheeper elecrtical products, another thing using procomp cheep heads and distributors etc... if my ign packs up car dont run, no big problem, if i had procomp heads or distributor and if bits come adrift< so i heard on their distributors s etc> your engine goes poop! {fuckt}maybe the stories of things going wrong they just rumors from competitors...........i will be buying heads soon but going for some branded ones.............

i ran a msd 6al procomp copy with no probs, even tried it on mates mustang, heard mixed reports on their heads and dizzys, if my ign packs up car dont run, if bits come adrift< so i heard on dizzys etc> your engine goes poop! maybe they just rumors from competitors...........i will be buying heads soon but going for some branded ones.............

Can I get a translation on this post? anyone? Please?

I installed one of their distributors on my buddy Irvin's Dart (he's on the BBD site) and it was bad straight out of the box. We yanked the points out of a stock swap meet distributor and put a Pertronix in it and he's still driving it...

-
Back