Pro-form or Quick fuel carb?

-

bobs340dartsport

Reaction score
I am replacing my current engine with a more modified 340 engine that will require a larger carb. I currently run a holley 650 Double pumper (list 4777) , but the new solid cam engine will need a 750 cfm carb.

I am considering a pro-form or quick fuel (Q series) carb instead of a 750 holley DP (list 4779).

what are your experiences with these products or similar (like Demon carb)?

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks,

bob

I think you'd be very happy with a quick fuel,i run a 850 on my stroker and have been very happy with it,right out of the box performance..as for the demon carbs i was not happy with the one i had on my other duster at all,they can be very tempermental when tuning them...compared to my quick fuel they're like night and day...

Quick fuel gives an even fuel delivery all thru rpm. range, I highly recommend these carbs. we got 20 hp. over holley hp carb. when we dynoed.

000_0130.jpg
[/IMG]

Is the Quick Fuel better than the Pro Form?

The QF uses a Pro-Form main body, so how much different can they be?

Bob

i run the proform and love it.... helped at the tracl and made it alot more streetable....

127223868.jpg

i run a 750 quickfuel on a 340 works great minor tuning out of the box, also tried pro forms they work great to. a win win situation:toothy7:

Took everyones advice from here and DodgeCharger.com and went with aQuickFuel 750 Q series DP. Received it today. It 's for my 408 stroker. I sold my Demon to my friend with a 350 Firebird. Hoping I made the right choice.

i run a proform main body on my holley and that woke it up. i am putting a qf 750 dp style ona 68 camaro 383 stroker pushing about 450-475 horses. we'll soon see how good they are. i have heard good things.

the car isn't running yet. its very close. maybe 2 weeks at best. i have to finish wiring in the engine bay and mount the msd setup.

i have a 750 proform on my 340 no complains here but i havent tried a quickfuel either

Had the 750 QF on my 440 Dart and it ran pretty nice.

I kept it when I sold the car and I plan on using it on my 360. should be fine.

I have another holly with a bunch of pro form parts on it and some other mods and it is a pretty good carb too. I would say either would be a fine choice.

The Quickfuel uses the proform main body and from what I understand Proform makes Quickfuels billet metering blocks and baseplates.

I would recomend that you buy one from a dealer not EBAY.
I bought mine from Ebay witxh ended up being a blem and it didnt work so I sent it to Jessie at Bigs carbs.

Bought one and Put in on my 360 other than some minor tweaking it works fine. I can not complain.

Pro form on my 388 Vega 850 bracket car (its on there web site page) and a pro form on my Darts 498.
Would never run any other carb !!

-
Back