• B&M Pro Ratchet

Votes: 23 31.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
so im torn between which shifter to get...

i like the Hurst Pro Matic (Greg only uses these) they have a nice rachet system thats easy to learn
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUU-3838500/

then there is the Pro -rachet
i know mark uses it but i dont know how they work for P and reverse... do you pull that little lever?

its a street/strip car and will have carpet someday (My dart) so i dont want a PITA to get into reverse but i do not like gates...

so what do you like...

Pics of installs?

I like the click shift of the promatic....click click..

the lock outs on the ratchet are nice too, but the promatic you have to do a lil push/pull up and so on to get it into R/P so it has the same idea with a lock out feature.

The turbo action is better than both but cost a lot more too.

I like the click shift of the promatic....click click..

the lock outs on the ratchet are nice too, but the promatic you have to do a lil push/pull up and so on to get it into R/P so it has the same idea with a lock out feature.

The turbo action is better than both but cost a lot more too.

yea the matic would take a little getting used to but ithink it is a cleaner look...

and i dont care for the gated

i had the promatic in an ss el camino years ago and really liked it.im currently running a "modified" b&m quicksilver which i also like,but i think i liked the promatic a little more.

I have a Hurst V-matic, and while it's a great shifter the reverse lockout trigger was very rough and gritty as purchased. I had to disassemble and deburr the sliding portion to make the action acceptable. Not a Promatic, but something to consider

I have a Hurst V-matic, and while it's a great shifter the reverse lockout trigger was very rough and gritty as purchased. I had to disassemble and deburr the sliding portion to make the action acceptable. Not a Promatic, but something to consider

good to know... i really liked the Auto stick 3 but i think they stopped making it...

The B&M Quick Click used to be my favorite. Have run one in several things. It was a bare bones, ratchet shifter. No frills. But, like anything good, they quit makin it. The B&M Pro Ratchet is the same shifter polished up a little. If I was gonna run an auto, that would be it for me.

The B&M Quick Click used to be my favorite. Have run one in several things. It was a bare bones, ratchet shifter. No frills. But, like anything good, they quit makin it. The B&M Pro Ratchet is the same shifter polished up a little. If I was gonna run an auto, that would be it for me.

thanks SS... i think the pro matic looks more civil and if i do some sort of interior i think it will fit better...

but if i was aluminum interior i would go for it in a heart beat...

still on the fence though...

Bead blast the housing and paint it black. duh

I bought my ProMatic2 for $40 used and had to buy the 727 brackets from Summit. It is a good budget shifter and I have never had any problems with it. I like the fact that it's a Hurst but I'm not crazy about the plastic cover. That's not a big deal as I plan to build a console. Here's a pic. The column shift has since been removed.

sept09038Medium.jpg

The pattern does take a little getting used to, but once you figure it out, you're golden. Plus, if someone doesn't know how to work it, they can't steal your car. Or at least it might slow them down a little while you beat them with a bat!! The guy at the muffler shop couldn't figure it out!?!?

ok guys im going Pro-Matic...

i'll get it ordered monday and get it installed!

thanks for everybodys input!

I have the Hurst Pro-matic, not a bad shifter at all.

Attachments

• shifter linelock.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 965
I got a Pro-matic 2 (difference?) and the one thing I DONT like about it is I cant go from D to L in one swoop as it ratchets backwards also. Hypothetical....Your at a light and the goofball next to you wants to race but doesnt let you know until the light turns green. He gets you big time off the line because your still in D and have to ratchet it down once, let it up and hit it down again for L...just a thought. But I think all of them are like that. I DO like the fact that it fit under my stock '65 console cover and looks stock except the HURST script on the side. Even the original black ball looks pretty close to my stocker. Z-Gates blow...

I got a Pro-matic 2 (difference?) and the one thing I DONT like about it is I cant go from D to L in one swoop as it ratchets backwards also. Hypothetical....Your at a light and the goofball next to you wants to race but doesnt let you know until the light turns green. He gets you big time off the line because your still in D and have to ratchet it down once, let it up and hit it down again for L...just a thought. But I think all of them are like that. I DO like the fact that it fit under my stock '65 console cover and looks stock except the HURST script on the side. Even the original black ball looks pretty close to my stocker. Z-Gates blow...

i have a manual VB so its not an issue

Whats the difference between the Quicksilver and the Promatic?

Have the Quicksilver in the fish, love it EXCEPT for the fact that you have to lift it to get it into P and R, and if you slap it into nuetral and want to goto P or R you have to slap it back down to D before lifting into R....Drives me up the wall

Whats the difference between the Quicksilver and the Promatic?

Have the Quicksilver in the fish, love it EXCEPT for the fact that you have to lift it to get it into P and R, and if you slap it into nuetral and want to goto P or R you have to slap it back down to D before lifting into R....Drives me up the wall

see the pro you just rachet up to N then lift into reverse, drop, then lift into P...

i got mine in the mail today so it should go in next week!

-
Back