Pro Stock engine efficiency

-

OldmanRick

Reaction score
Several week's back, i thought about what timing a modern P/S engine ran? Well, I got my answer.......

Been watching NHRA Q2 qualifying all season on ESPN3, which by the way, is some of the best laid back racing coverage you'll ever see.....period!

Anyway, Bruno Massel was in the booth for a time, and Mike Dunn stated that Fuel cars run about 60* of timing, which is understandable considering the slow burn rate of nitro. He then asked Bruno, how much does a P/S car run? He replied that most guys never disclose their tuning numbers, but give or take.....20*. Wow, how sweet is that.

Yes...watch espn 3 also....I had the sound turned down a bit while Bruno was in the booth...was just watching the clocks...

the neat thing...it is available for replay ...I need to get a computer hooked up to the big screen tv with a HDMI cable...LOL

I usually watch the PS and FC.....

Yes..those PS secrets are big time....

Several week's back, i thought about what timing a modern P/S engine ran? Well, I got my answer.......

Been watching NHRA Q2 qualifying all season on ESPN3, which by the way, is some of the best laid back racing coverage you'll ever see.....period!

Anyway, Bruno Massel was in the booth for a time, and Mike Dunn stated that Fuel cars run about 60* of timing, which is understandable considering the slow burn rate of nitro. He then asked Bruno, how much does a P/S car run? He replied that most guys never disclose their tuning numbers, but give or take.....20*. Wow, how sweet is that.

How the hell,thou compare a "supposed nitro load" against ,a decent quench race gas/pump gas set up(lol). Shame ,on you...

Tony, I have a cable that I use on occasion and it's great, but since we only have one TV at the moment, the wife usually has the monopoly over it. I'm still happy with my laptop & earbud's most of the time.

Guess it's a happy wife, happy life thing. :D:D:D

How the hell,thou compare a "supposed nitro load" against ,a decent quench race gas/pump gas set up(lol). Shame ,on you...

Shame on me, or shame on them?

I'm no nitro tuner, believe me.......All I did was set up the conversation that led to the answer I was seeking about the P/S engines.

Actually a pretty good thread over at yellowbullet about Pro Stockers....once the all the usual idiots finally shut up...about 3 or 4 engine builders posting......

Shame on me, or shame on them?

I'm no nitro tuner, believe me.......All I did was set up the conversation that led to the answer I was seeking about the P/S engines.

I'm good with this ,Thanks.....

-
Back