Pro-trac Coker tires?

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
Has anybody tried Pro-trac tires from Coker? They`re a bias ply similar to the old Mickey Thompson Indy type tire with a wide tread and only slightly larger section width.

Yes they are.I have a set that when I put my car to gather those tires are going to be the first thing I am going to burn up. Mark

Of course, you have to get the N50-15's...the baddest street rubber available up to the mid 80's......remember those? Cars looked like this ./0

I hear a culvert pipe makes a good wheel tub....

Of course, you have to get the N50-15's...the baddest street rubber available up to the mid 80's......remember those? Cars looked like this ./0

I hear a culvert pipe makes a good wheel tub....

Brings back memories....I had a few pair of the 50's and if anybody remembers the 14" Scat-Trac's, I had them too!

Somebody needs to rat rod a pickup and really use culvert pipe for the tubs...it sure would be dent resistant! And galvanized...wouldn't rust in a lifetime...

Protracs were all the rage, until somebody discovered used McCreary dirt track tires at swap meets.
I knew a guy who took the shocks off the rear of a 70 Monte carlo and installed solid tubing so he could use some ridiculous sprint car tires on what looked to be 14 inch wide slot mags. They stuck outside the wheel wells by at least a foot! I can only imagine the ride....
./0 literally

-
Back