problem on the right side door pillar adjuster!

-

andrew3408

1969 Plymouth valiant
Reaction score
Hey guys was working on my 69 ply. valiant today on the right door.. notice the door and quarter lines was off by a 1/2 in to inch went to do the door pillar adjustment and it was loose very loose in the pillar was rounded out big time!! couldn't even get the thing loose it just spins around and cocks sideways my question is how would you guys repair this? the hole where that goes is ovaled out.. and the nut on the back side is busted loose?

That is common problem with the mopars. The nut on back side is main problem. The hole in post is little large for room to align. If the metal around hole is good then that is OK. There should be large washer on bolt/stud outside of the hole. There is a cage on inside of post to let the nut float into position for alignment, then the cage stops rotation so bolt will tighten. Something may have broke loose there. Remove rear seat and side panel to get a look at it. Someone makes a repair kit for it. Maybe Year One. Good luck with it.

What you are talking about is the striker. The strikers only job is to give the latch something to latch onto. The strikers job is not to set the height of the door. If your door is 1/2" low, your hinges are shot or out of adjustment. This causes your latch and striker to get beat all to hell when you slam the door.

thanks guys i got the rear seat out and the door panel off so i will look at it when i get home tonight and the door hinges are problem needing replace i bet and i will look up the repair kit for that cause i felt back in there and everything is moving around so i will need a kit to repair the striker part and alot bigger washer to ocver up the alot bigger hole that it has caused.. i just bought this car not to long ago and just started working on the body to straighten out where the original owner has side swipe looks like a garage opening on both sides of the car..lol... hard telling how long this has been like this.. again thanks guys

-
Back