PROBLEM SOLVED!Is my brand new MC or booster bad??

-

Sixpack_Sid

Reaction score
I have a 75 Duster that I swapped in a big block. I bought a master cylinder and brake booster set from eBay: FITS MOPAR Dodge Plymouth A B E Body 7" Brake Booster Master Cylinder Bracket | eBay
last year. I am not getting pressure at the front wheels when I try to bleed the brakes. It just trickles. I removed the brake line from the MC and stepped on the brake to see if there was pressure there to rule out the prop valve. It trickled out from there also. See video here: I adjusted the rod that pushes the plunger and the calipers are not even engaging the brakes. The calipers are good because I squeezed them back to make sure the prop valve wasn't stuck and the calipers moved and air bubbles came out of the MC. Could my brand new brake booster be bad?

Looks like the push rod is adjusted to be too long. When bolting on the master, the booster push rod should not move the piston off it's seat, which blocks the compensation port and would prevent fluid from dropping down from the reservoir to the master piston to be pumped out.

Last edited:
You won't get "pedal" till you pump the pistons/pads all the way into full contact with the rotors.
All the pads .
Then bleed .

Last edited:
Problem solved!
So I bought a brake booster push rod adjustment tool to make sure the push rod is where it should be. I bench bled the MC again and still have the same problem. I bought a new MC from the auto parts store and problem solved!
Thanks for the help and advice!

-
Back