problem with msd disributor wobbling

-

winstoninwisc

Taint easy livin free,season ticket ona 1wayride
Reaction score
I know Ive been away for a while but its summer ,new built 360 , I am having trouble getting my timing to settle down , and it seem to do opposite of what I want it to . I set it at 7 degree"s advanced and some times it goes wacked on me going from 7 adv.to -8 brand new motor but 10 year old msd 6AL and distributor .
has any had this problem ? could my distributor shaft be bent ,it dropped right in , but seems to have picked up a slight wable or vibration and I cannot get my timing to set still.
tried new timing light , same results. So I was wondering if I could have a bad bushing or bent distributor shaft?? or does any 1 have just a msd 6Al non vaccum distributor that works correct I could try , rent from you , or buy if it works right to try totrouble shoot this problem or a good electronic mopar set up with a high perf. box and electronics you are willing to sell cheap . I have a electronic distributor so I just need the rest of it or all at the right price if you just stepped up to a new MSD please contact me asap if you have a good electronic set for sale ,a 6 al no vac distributor or have an insight to my issue I am having . need asap . please don't waist my time and I wont waist yours with junk parts
THANKS ALL I have been away a little bit with health problems and now car troubles , but know we can get it figure out here .
hope all your summers are going gr8 . please lend a hand if you can . Jon

MSD Distributors for some reason like to rust on the inside. I would clean the pick up and the Reluctor of any rust or debris so you get a good clean signal. I would also clean the cap and bend the rotor tang up a hair before dropping the cap back on so you get a good solid connection there as well. Then try it again.

We talked about this ,Hagar buddy. That combination needs WAY MORE than 7 -10 degrees initial. Think 14-16 to start, that's a good sized camshaft. More initial,slow those advance springs & weights down,set the carb to match.(J.M.O....).

We talked about this ,Hagar buddy. That combination needs WAY MORE than 7 -10 degrees initial. Think 14-16 to start, that's a good sized camshaft. More initial,slow those advance springs & weights down,set the carb to match.(J.M.O....).

I seen that too but decided not to mention anything because the subject has been beat to death! Lol.... For sure he needs more initial without a doubt.

Stick the distributor and intermediate shaft in a drill and spin it. You will see the wobble if it has one.

-
Back