Problems with Mike440

-
I buy a fair amount of parts on forums like this, and have dealt with very good people. But then you get one like this................:banghead::banghead:

This is easy. One of the admin's here should be able to cross-check Mike's IP with that of Justin's. If they match...there you go.

There are many ways around a different IP.
Anyone could sell themselves something using a different member name and IP and then give themselves good feedback so anyone would think they are legit.
:banghead:

Does anybody have Mike's address or phone? Maybe if you were one of the few lucky people to have actually gotten your parts form him maybe it is on the box? Don't have to post it public (unless you want) just pm me.

I buy a fair amount of parts on forums like this, and have dealt with very good people. But then you get one like this................:banghead::banghead:

Yes me too, and up until now everybody I have dealt with has been awesome to deal with on this site. A few I even call friends now just from FABO deals. A ton of wealth in knowledge alone from the technical posts as well as a good way to recycle and trade parts amonst like minded people restoring cars. I think this is a great site....but then there is that one guy....:???:

Does anybody have Mike's address or phone? Maybe if you were one of the few lucky people to have actually gotten your parts form him maybe it is on the box? Don't have to post it public (unless you want) just pm me.

His facebook page is now down...

https://www.facebook.com/justin.figgatt

Numbers from his craiglist ad.

434-378-3754(cell)
Banned From FABO for Suspected Fraud (this # was block by FABO)

Well I sent him a pm re some parts said he had then asked if he had some others and as I was going to Nashville to drive a truck back to Connecticut I'd call in and pick up. Got told he was going to be in Charlotte from yesterday til Sunday at a swap meet selling stuff, well plans changed ended up going to Pensacola get get different truck turns out Charlotte is on the way back. Now during all this time end never called me had sent pH number just kept asking what parts I wanted advised 3 times. So I get to Charlotte speedway he is on line send another pm waited an hour with no response and head off. Get on line this morning and turn out now he is saying he's in Delaware 500 miles away or 300 from where he lives. Glad I never paid him anything but passed about the run around. Guess it was all so I'd give up and ask him to mail the stuff that I'd never get once paid for.

Was reading something very interesting on the facebook page: hopefully the author will soon post it here.

damn damn ....looks like he got 25 of my dollars.

And I was just talking to someone about being on FABO for almost 5 years and never getting scammed too bad.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=307547

he even lowered the price and gave him the original price to be nice. I guess I need to stop being so nice.

I am just going to give it some more time and then leave negative feedback and hopefully he gets banned .....again (assuming its the same cat)

I am not going to worry too much about 25 little dollars but it pisses me off more that I probably wont get the part. I need the part much more than I need the money.

My hope is that maybe somehow he redeems himself and parts start showing up.

Was reading something very interesting on the facebook page: hopefully the author will soon post it here.

here you go bill,

I run the Mopar Muscle Car page on facebook. With 50,000 plus members, we've had tons with issues with this guy or guys all winter and fall. So in January, a group of our members who had been ripped off, contacted his local sheriff and the below facts came out.

SO

I've been following this since january.

First, Justin Figgatt is not as innocent as some of you think. The checks sent to "Mike" were all cashed by Justin under his wife's name April Figgatt Into a joint account.

2nd. Justin was busted and banned from several mopar sites including forabodiesonly.com and this one.

3rd. Justin only started shipping the parts and refund issuing back earlier this year after a sheriff deputy knocked on his door.

4th. If you do a Google people search, you will find that most of the checks for "Mike" were mailed to an address registered to Justin and April Figgatt.

If he's not one and the same guy, it's definitely 2 person job....maybe 3 if his wife is involved.

Here is his current CL ad. Feel free to flag it.

By the way Justin, since I assume you still get on and read this stuff, I'd be careful about meeting your potential buyers in person. There are those types of guys that would gladly break your knees with a Louisville, just because you screwed them out of a couple of bucks.

PS: I like baseball.

I don't know about Justin, but Mike (who may the same or an accomplice, or who knows what he is now?) has been online (watching all of this I can only assume). Of course he won't reply to anyone as he has been proven to be a liar for his "I'm in Delaware" by Barty005, so any of his credibility he had in his woe as me thread has been lost by me completely after that runaround he gave him yesterday.

I think someone needs to contact the VA state attorney's office, lets them investigate this. They have means well beyond us. Plus, they may already have a file on them.

I was almost beginning to doubt Mike and Justin were connected after reading the tangled mess of deciept going on on facebook...but then right before my very eyes.... here is Justin's facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2266928269/permalink/10153110457638270/?hc_location=ufi

...notice the "local pickup or paypal only" at the closing of his statement.

now notice Mike440 's closing statement in his ads, here is one for example:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=308852

Notice the similarity ? .... "local pickup or paypal only"....who else writes that? Yes, it is the same person. And for that matter doesn't the cars in that picture and background seem eerily similar to the ones that Justin was posting a while back?

I was almost beginning to doubt Mike and Justin were connected after reading the tangled mess of deciept going on on facebook...but then right before my very eyes.... here is Justin's facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2266928269/permalink/10153110457638270/?hc_location=ufi

...notice the "local pickup or paypal only" at the closing of his statement.

now notice Mike440 's closing statement in his ads, here is one for example:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=308852

Notice the similarity ? .... "local pickup or paypal only"....who else writes that? Yes, it is the same person. And for that matter doesn't the cars in that picture and background seem eerily similar to the ones that Justin was posting a while back?

Same cars man, As I said on facebook, if its not the same guy, they definitely are working this scam together.

I called the Sheriff's office there just now and they told me to first file my complaint here at my local pd...but the person who answered the phone just gave a little chuckle and I'm sure couldn't give me any info on the phone, but they knew exactly who I was referring to by the tone of their voice so they are quite familiar already with what is going on. Good thing is my local pd detective is a friend of mine. I have an appointment to speak with the Sherrif on Monday via phone where he lives.....hope you are reading this Mike (Justin...whoever?)

Here is the number if anybody else want to pursue it. I am not sure if he actually lives in this county but the people there seem to know what is possibly going on. Like they told me, have to file in your own county first for internet fraud.

Buckingham county sheriff, A. Jameson 434-969-1772

Its a tough call. My fear is that by banning him, he'll never send anything you guys paid for.

it enough for me to decide to file a paypal claim
(I was first going to cut him some slack since it has only been a week and a half but you made up my mind for me)

-
Back