PROCAR SEATs & 65 DART MOUNTS????

-

dart65

Reaction score
I just scored a brand new set of low-back Scat Procar seats for $300 out the door (with chevy nova mounts). I checked procar's webpage and cannnot find any mounts for a 65 dart. All they have is 65-69 barracuda mounts. Will barracuda mounts fit a 65 dart? I was wondering if anyone has moutned these seats in a 65 dart or equivalent and can give me any tips? Anyone have any ideas how to get these seat to work maybe?

(Or maybe I should put it this way does anyone know if stock 65 barracuda mounts can switch to a 65 dart. If they do then the aftermarket stuff should work....)

I just scored a brand new set of low-back Scat Procar seats for $300 out the door (with chevy nova mounts). I checked procar's webpage and cannnot find any mounts for a 65 dart. All they have is 65-69 barracuda mounts. Will barracuda mounts fit a 65 dart? I was wondering if anyone has moutned these seats in a 65 dart or equivalent and can give me any tips? Anyone have any ideas how to get these seat to work maybe?

(Or maybe I should put it this way does anyone know if stock 65 barracuda mounts can switch to a 65 dart. If they do then the aftermarket stuff should work....)

I am actually looking at doing the same thing for my Bonneville car

The Dart's come to a single point while the Barracuda's have many teeth.

In truth, they should interchange fine. The cars use the same floorpans (and had the same seats from the factory).

In truth, they should interchange fine. The cars use the same floorpans (and had the same seats from the factory).

I just looked at the web site and they will do custom mounts.

Are you positive about the floor pans and mounts being the same? If you are, I think I'll take the chance and just order some baracudda mounts from summit or anywhere I can find them for less money. Also what do you mean single point vs many teeth...

By the way anyone need a set of Nova mounts?? hahaha

I have a pair of '65 Valiant buckets sitting here, I posted about them a while back. They are complete with runners. The seats are shot, but the hardware is all there. If you want them, come and get them. I'm in San Bernardino right off the 210 (what we used to call the 30, just before you climb the hill to Big Bear or Running Springs). PM me if you want and I'll give you my number.

Russ.

I have a pair of '65 Valiant buckets sitting here, I posted about them a while back. They are complete with runners. The seats are shot, but the hardware is all there. If you want them, come and get them. I'm in San Bernardino right off the 210 (what we used to call the 30, just before you climb the hill to Big Bear or Running Springs). PM me if you want and I'll give you my number.

Russ.

pm sent

The seat tracks are different between the '63-6 type and the '67-9 type.

Yep, and the brackets don't fit. They only align with 2 of the four holes. Need to drill the other two.

Pretty used to buying things that don't directly fit this car now.

-
Back