Procomp Electronic Distributor Any One Have One There Useing????

-

73dodgeman

Reaction score
Hey Guys Any One Have One Of These Pro Comp Dis.? I Just Bought One And Got It Today And im A Little Leary On It, Has Its Own Module On It, I Was Going To use it to Replace A Stock Eletronic Ign W/ An Orange Box, Just Wondering Your Input Thanks!!

I don't have any experience with the procomp but, If you use it let me know how it works out. I've been looking at those too. So do you just get rid of the orange box and let the module be the new ecu?

Is the module like the GM HEI module? if it is it should be a good set-up, the GM HEI is a good unit other than the coil.

Chuck

looks to be a decent unit for the $$ and close to the gm mod, im guessing that the orange box will be elim.??, humm wondering?????ill give it a shot

If it only has two wires just hook it up to the coil and your off and running, no more orange box.

Chuck

One thing to remember about using aftermarket distributors is IF YOU HAVEA PROBLEM PARTS ARE NOT READILY AVAILIABLE AT PARTS STORES! You have to order them.Just something to remember when on the road trip etc! To where you can usually get original parts replacements availiable in most places. Carry extra parts with you just in case!

One thing to remember about using aftermarket distributors is IF YOU HAVEA PROBLEM PARTS ARE NOT READILY AVAILIABLE AT PARTS STORES! You have to order them.Just something to remember when on the road trip etc! To where you can usually get original parts replacements availiable in most places. Carry extra parts with you just in case!

Yeah my friend found that the hard way.

so, does that mean you can also eliminate the ballast resistor?

No, The system is still an inductive system just like the stock electronic system, you still need to use the ballast resistor to protect the coil from over heating at low rpm's. Even with the GM HEI module you need to use a ballast resistor if you are using a stock type coil (that includes the Blaster SS).

Our experience goes back nearly 5 years with this company and it hasn't been good. There's nothing we like about these distributors except for the shiney housing.

As was mentioned....can you buy parts?
Why don't you try and curve one......
Measure the output's you'll soon figure it out....just another scam.

Of course the Orange box is the biggest joke in Mopar Ignition, where have you guy's been for the last 6 years?
http://www.4secondsflat.com/a688specs.html

After looking at broken pro comp rockers i,m not buying anything they sell. Go Mallory or MSD you get what you pay for.Forgot about Jacobs ,looks good too.

-
Back