Product Review - PG Classics - Dual Snorkel Scoop

-

Dart Sport 360

Wanna Race?
Reaction score
Ok, I wanted to make a new thread with some better pictures of this scoop. This is the one I got from PG Classics.

http://www.moparplus.com

A little note about the customer service I received. my father was planning a trip to the east coast of Canada. My main concern was fitting this scoop to the Dart Sport Hood. I called PG and talked to the lady, she didn't know anything and I wasn't surprised. She was very nice to deal with and was willing to send me multiple pictures on two separate occasions so I could decide.

Once I decided that I wanted it I call and asked about picking up at there location. They were more than willing. What ended up happening was that my father did not get into Grand Falls NB until late evening so they gave me a phone number that he could call. Someone from PG met my father at 9:30pm at their location to make the sale. Cash transaction, no tax.

The scoop is very sturdy and pretty straight. It will need a little sanding to smooth out some stops and it needs to be modified at the front to fit my hood but is very doable. The mounting bosses look very strong. They are pre-drilled for the supplied mounting hardware. The picture of the Hardware is pretty bad but it comes with dual threaded studs, foam washers, regular washers, and stamped nuts... not sure if I'll use the stamped sheet metal nuts or regular nuts. I'll decide when mounting.

101_0355.jpg

101_0356.jpg

101_0354.jpg

101_0360.jpg

101_0357.jpg

101_0358.jpg

Mounting Hardward
101_0363.jpg

Pic of it just sitting on the car. I'm going to paint it gloss black and do a silver and red pinstripe to match the body stripes.
IMG-20111023-00045.jpg

Hopes this helps some of you make a more educated purchase. If you have any questions please post them up and I will try to answer them.

Looks very good.
Do they come with a template for laying out on the hood and drilling the holes?
I have new paint and do not want to wreck the hood.

looks great my dad needs to get one for my moms duster

They met your dad at 9:30 p.m. to make the transaction a success ....... I'm totally impressed with the customer service and personal attention! Sounds like something I'd do. LOL

Way to go on a nice score!

looks good (and, from what I remember, looks pretty much identical to the underside of my stocker- except the hardware mounts, of course)

-
Back