production numbers

-

danimal425

Reaction score
I found while searching on google for production numbers for 65 dart gt 4 speeds that there was a discussion here about 270 4 door 273 numbers and wondered if anyone can tell me a rough estimate on how many gt's with power steering and 4 speed were built in 1965?? are these cars rare or were they common? I do know that 18,000 v8 gt's were made...

There's a member named Dartcharger on here with all the information on 65 darts you will ever need.

I found while searching on google for production numbers for 65 dart gt 4 speeds that there was a discussion here about 270 4 door 273 numbers and wondered if anyone can tell me a rough estimate on how many gt's with power steering and 4 speed were built in 1965?? are these cars rare or were they common? I do know that 18,000 v8 gt's were made...

Galen, might be able to help. It will cost money.
http://www.gvgovier.com/

I would think that the combination is somewhat rare. I'm assuming that the car is a floor shifter, don't think they made a column shift 4 speed.

If you are considering buying or selling such a car keep in mind that rare and valuable are not always related. The 66 and earlier a bodies don't have very good resale compared to say 67 and later cars of similar condition. IMO The 4 doors also hurts the resale value too rare or not.

A lot will depend on your definition of "rare". If they made 10,000 of them...or 5000.... is that rare? Now figuring out how many are left in the world.....that might mean something.

Hi! Can you send me a readable picture of the fendertag as well as the VIN# and I will decode it for you. You will also get the production figures.

awesome i will get the fendertag this weekend cause i have the car in storage since my tbird takes up the entire garage...I think the car is fairly rare being gt, 4 speed, v8 with remote mirror, power steering and vinyl roof but you are right zhandfull....there isnt a huge market for them but i notced that compared to 10 years ago ebay has gone from 3 pages of parts for them to 70!!! had it 14 years and i cant see myself without that car

I parted out a 7/23/65 build date 65 GT hardtop that was a 273/235 4 speed 8 & 3/4 car. Other than an AM radio, the only other option is had was factory A/C. Had to have been a rare set-up!

If it had a/c there will be 2 holes in the firewall, mine has them to the right of the distributor. My car is a 64

-
Back